Home

Possible Breakthrough Regarding Changing Endzone Art

This is a discussion on Possible Breakthrough Regarding Changing Endzone Art within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #105
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Possible Breakthrough Regarding Changing Endzone Art

Or use RPCS3 if you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #106
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

I get that you all are shilling your mod of the game, but I wish that every response that people have to threads about the game wouldn't be just "hey, mod the game and console" when some people either don't have the option for that or would prefer not to do that to their console (especially Xbox users). Try and keep the advertising to the thread that they already have that exists. Just my two cents.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #107
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
I get that you all are shilling your mod of the game, but I wish that every response that people have to threads about the game wouldn't be just "hey, mod the game and console" when some people either don't have the option for that or would prefer not to do that to their console (especially Xbox users). Try and keep the advertising to the thread that they already have that exists. Just my two cents.
Smh. I'll give you 10 cents to stop complaining and start contributing.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 07-09-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:52 PM   #108
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Smh. I'll give you 10 cents to stop complaining and start contributing.
Not trying to start a war here, so I'll apologize for my earlier response sounding standoffish. To your point, I have contributed previously to plenty of questions about editing, especially working with Tucker and other when trying to decipher colors and uniforms for Teambuilders in the editor. That said, was more just saying it's good to offer options, like what TarHeel had shown with changes that could be made using the editor only, versus also having the option of modding like what you guys have impressively done as well. Hope we can meet at common ground there! That said, thanks for all you are doing for the community keeping NCAA alive, as it is cool and I hope at some point to be able to use the updates you have made as well.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #109
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Not trying to start a war here, so I'll apologize for my earlier response sounding standoffish. To your point, I have contributed previously to plenty of questions about editing, especially working with Tucker and other when trying to decipher colors and uniforms for Teambuilders in the editor. That said, was more just saying it's good to offer options, like what TarHeel had shown with changes that could be made using the editor only, versus also having the option of modding like what you guys have impressively done as well. Hope we can meet at common ground there! That said, thanks for all you are doing for the community keeping NCAA alive, as it is cool and I hope at some point to be able to use the updates you have made as well.

Yep...options. options and more options. A whole lot of people have contributed a whole lot of time and effort over the years to keep this game alive. Respect to what the guys are doing with the mods and respect to all the guys who do work with the editors.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #110
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I get it, I do but when people ask how they get a mod thats being shown off how else are people supposed to respond?

I know the idea of modding (jtag or not) is intimidating but ultimately its not that bad. Especially when you consider how amazing the OS and discord community are.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 07-10-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #111
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Appreciate the level response. Def need to take a "same team" approach since EA can't produce new iterations of the game so it's community driven if we want to keep it alive. To step back..

1. I wasn't sure if you'd taken a peek at their discord
2. Not sure what you meant by shilling the mods... The guys who ramped it up said they're 100% in it just to boost the community exp. Not taking any kind of donations.
3. Reading through this thread it seemed like editing the end zone art posed its own challenges, so just wanted to pose a different approach in the hopes that it ended up being less of a headache.

I'm all for any way to keep the game current! If somebody can figure out an automatic way to get the game to generate a 4 team playoff without transferring your saved game back and forth through db editor that'd be quality too.

Glad you guys are discovering new ways to appreciate it even 7 years later 👍
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I correct that the only way to do custom endzones while keeping the team's usual midfield logo is to have a Teambuilder team already in that dynasty? I'm in Year 13 of mine so it's probably too late.

(My main dilemma is that I moved Akron to a new stadium with a new stadium name but their field has a logo on it that says the old stadium name and it's bugging me but I can't get rid of it)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »