Home

PS2 NCAA 06 or 11

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA 06 or 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
PS2 NCAA 06 or 11

Looking to get a PS2 so I can play some NCAA. I tried to get back in to 14 with a PS3 but I just find the games on PS2 to be so much more enjoyable.

Silly question. Which old NCAA had colored spat and cleats? I know it's a minor detail but it added so much individualism to the game. I think 06 is what I want to get for the best experience.

Any help is welcome. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PS2 NCAA 06 or 11

I have 06 and 11, but 11 is on ps3. I love14. 11 is second fave. What about 14 do you not like? It is tougher and more real. There are certain plays I like better on 06. Option works better on 06. Love HB direct.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
I have 06 and 11, but 11 is on ps3. I love14. 11 is second fave. What about 14 do you not like? It is tougher and more real. There are certain plays I like better on 06. Option works better on 06. Love HB direct.
Honestly, the more real the game gets the more nitpicky I get that it isn't as real as it should be. I just think the atmosphere on the PS2 games when they had the crowd shaking option added so much. It was more fun to recruit and build teams, the create a team still worked rather than depending on teambuilder which you can't edit anymore. I can only find about 1/2 the custom sounds I want to load on the PS3 for 14 anymore.

The fun aspect was just higher on the PS2 games for me when it comes down to it.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:47 AM   #4
Rookie

I thought 09 was the best ps2 version. Great balanced game play, and it was more feature rich than 06.

11 was the last ps2 version I believe.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
Pro

esayem's Arena

06 was the last PS2 game that got the royal treatment. Yes, new features were added later, but other aspects were just plain neglected.

My main gripe about any game after 06 was the lack of dynamic attendance. A team’s attendance would say they were averaging 17k in a 35k stadium, but you play there and it’s a packed house. 06 was the last game on PS2 to feature accurate attendance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
Pro

volwalker's Arena

I tend to stick with games that have the least amount of flaws that bug me. That is why I play 06 more than any other game. I think gamers should find the game that bugs them the least. 06 is mine.

Having said all of that, 07-11 have very similar features that make those games hard for me to enjoy, momentum meter and jump the snap to name a few. However, the biggest issue 10 & 11 have (besides literally being the same game) is recruiting. Most 5 stars are either QB and WR. This means that you'll rarely find elite talent at any other position. This was lazy on EA's part and I don't know why they done this. They also didn't even bother to change names on first year prospects. Stuff like this is enough for me not to bother. The other issues I mentioned are icing on a bad-tasting cake.

Each game has its own issues, even 06. I wish I could just ignore certain flaws but some keep me from enjoying these games.

Make sure you check out my blog and YouTube channel as I cover 06 more than any other game. However, I have a ton of useful content on other games too. Click on "FILES" in the main menu to access most of it.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

JustinT86's Arena

Are there any good sliders to recommend for 06 and updated 2020 rosters for 06? Thanks!
#6VFL
Old 10-21-2020, 12:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: PS2 NCAA 06 or 11

Here check these slider sets out. There are several different sets included from back in the day. This is an excel file BTW.

16 different sets total, Both All-Pro and Heisman.

Also note...I take no credit for this Document...I think "Rudy" took the time to enter these into an excel file fyi...I just found it a while back on OP Sports. Re uploading for use if anybody is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ncaa 2006 Sliders.zip (17.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by texranger; 10-21-2020 at 12:34 AM. Reason: More info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »