Home

Interesting hypothosis

This is a discussion on Interesting hypothosis within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Interesting hypothosis

I don't know if anyone here has done it, but if you mess with penalty sliders in game, you'll all-of-the-sudden get ridiculous penalties. I bumped the holding slider from 50 to 55 in one game and got a holding penalty on ten straight plays. This is a fairly well known issue with the game, but I'd never really though about applying it to regular sliders.

Well, I did some slider testing outside of my career mode and forgot I'd loaded that set. I got in and all of the sudden my QBs can't hit the broad side of a barn, can't throw more than 15 yards, and everything is a floater. I was basically shocked because to this point I hadn't seen anything resembling bad QB play... and now it was terrible.

So, try this: Do all of your slider editing OUTSIDE CAREER MODE, and don't edit sliders in career mode or in a game. When you want to change them, leave career mode, edit them on the front end, and go back into career mode (remember: Sliders save with the settings file in Head Coach, not with the career! The career uses whatever sliders are in the settings file currently active when you load it).

Here's the sliders I'm using now... I probably need to bump QBA and WRC up a bit (I can't believe I just typed that!).

This is a combination of a couple sets I found here with my own minor tweaks.

QBA- 10
PBK- 40
WRC- 10
RBA- 75
RBK- 50

AWR- 40
KND- 90
INT- 35
BRB- 40
TAK- 40

FGP- 40
FGA- 40
PTP- 90
PTA- 75
KOP- 10

For stats, you can look at my Head Coach 'chise here- MM Chise

I started using these sliders before the Pittsburgh Steelers game in week 4 of the first season (bottom of page 4)

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-23-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Interesting hypothosis

Wait, I thought that sliders didn't do nothing? I've read in many threads that the sliders are broken....Did they patch them or something? I haven't played in a while so maybe I'm missing something.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Wait, I thought that sliders didn't do nothing? I've read in many threads that the sliders are broken....Did they patch them or something? I haven't played in a while so maybe I'm missing something.
I've always known they worked, they just worked really funky... something was wrong. I still haven't' figured out WHAT, but what I said about the penalty sliders... really clicked. Something happens if you mess with sliders in-game (and quite possibly in career mode).

I'm goign to do my best to break 'em again so I can figure out what's going on. I'll pass it on when I figure it out.

When I say it worked, I mean it's not minor differences. It's a new game now.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-21-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've always known they worked, they just worked really funky... something was wrong. I still haven't' figured out WHAT, but what I said about the penalty sliders... really clicked. Something happens if you mess with sliders in-game (and quite possibly in career mode).

I'm goign to do my best to break 'em again so I can figure out what's going on. I'll pass it on when I figure it out.

When I say it worked, I mean it's not minor differences. It's a new game now.
Wow really? That sounds awesome. Please pass on the knowledge when you got it all figured out. thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

i know this is offtopic, but adembroski thats a REALLY nice franchise thread you have running there

how did you manage to replicate shefter's and mcshay's commentary word by word?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Hoping to see your final slider set Adem ... I plan to set up my very first Head Coach franchise either today or tomorrow and would like to use your set based your positive feedback.

Appreciate it if you could post your recommended setting for sliders, penalties, and any other necessary adjustments.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWinBaby
i know this is offtopic, but adembroski thats a REALLY nice franchise thread you have running there

how did you manage to replicate shefter's and mcshay's commentary word by word?
Pause at the end of sentences... you lose a word or two in the transition, but you can usually surmise what he's saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Hoping to see your final slider set Adem ... I plan to set up my very first Head Coach franchise either today or tomorrow and would like to use your set based your positive feedback.

Appreciate it if you could post your recommended setting for sliders, penalties, and any other necessary adjustments.

Thanks in advance!
I'm thinking I'll play a game tonight to confirm the sliders feel good now, and I'll post a v 1.0 after that game. If you don't see 'em up here tomorrow, I either got caught up with something else or I found something in the sliders I didn't like and I'm rethinking something.

This game has surprised me so many times I'm taking nothing for granted.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »