Home

Gamechangers

This is a discussion on Gamechangers within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Gamechangers

Same with me I had the Seminar and a player MLB get a boost. Only problem is that I didnt see what changed. Would have been nice to see a plus or arrow icon.

But yeah these things are rare. If its true that this is only a 15 year game then a slight nudge in frequency would be a welcome addition.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

i dunno...i think it would be unrealistic and "arcad-y" if they upped the frequency. ive gotten 1 gamechanger in 1+ season and i think thats pretty realistic.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 AM   #19
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

I had the one where one of my coaches read a book or something, and it gave him coaching points. But when I went to develop my staff, I couldn't even tell which coach had gotten the points, so it couldn't have been many. I was disappointed.

I think these gamechangers should be rare, but I think they should have a more dramatic effect. Like, if a mediocre player has a breakthrough, make it a big breakthrough. That's how we end up with Kurt Warners and Priest Holmeses, veterans who become amazing seemingly overnight.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

I had one where all my players gained 2-4 in there learning skill.

It made my rookie QB who had awesome potential(95) but a average learning 76 to a 80, which does help out alot.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got a learning one for my whole team last night.
Funny part is I been bumping the skills on my coaches for playbook knowledge...then i get that. Hmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

I've had the "Outburst" one at least three times (now in my fourth season). I apparently don't like my owner and have "snapped at him at meeting, which is a big no-no"... it's not that big a deal. Me and the owner are tight, he know I mean nothing by it and has shrugged it off.

It helps that I've just won my third Super Bowl in a row... but I'd much rather have the learn+ or cap penalties changer.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

Argh I just had my 4th string WR gain an increase in potential. Gah what a waste of a gamechanger.

WHhen and how often do gamechangers occur.

Gamechangers were a wonderful additon to the game.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
i dunno...i think it would be unrealistic and "arcad-y" if they upped the frequency. ive gotten 1 gamechanger in 1+ season and i think thats pretty realistic.

How would it be Arcad-y? Are you saying that the coaching staff can’t get together and throw a jam session together? They meet everyday after practice. It wouldn’t be too hard to come out of a meeting where everyone was on the same page. It happens all the time in the real (non sports world).

Same thing with player development. How many times do we hear about players making changes in their training routines? How many times have we seen players come out of know where and step in for a team and play above what the people at EA rated them? Look at Brady, Warner, almost every RB Denver had for 5 years after TD.

Since I do not know what they all are I can agree that the ones in line with Accounting Error should definitely be rare. But there are some that can be bumped up. There should also be a way to influence them.

Example:
Get all of your coaches to be the same type or Philosophy and you trigger the retreat more often.

Have a high rated trainer or an elite coach at that position

Make allot of roster moves there by increasing the chance that an error could occur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »