Home

Undrafted rookie free agents

This is a discussion on Undrafted rookie free agents within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Undrafted rookie free agents

I'm beginning to notice that the "walk-ons" your GM may sign as you start training camp are also not randomly generated.

For example, in the '08 draft class and following training camp, you may be fortunate enough to acquire - either because he signs with your team or some other team cuts him - a 6'11" left tackle prospect from Howard who is a better-than-average starter (Bal POT 86 or so). In my latest (yes, another one) Packers franchise he showed up in camp for me off the bat, while in my previous franchise some other team cut him during the season and I was able to pick him up as a free agent.

Anyone else notice examples like this fellow across the UDFA spectrum through your franchises?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Undrafted rookie free agents

There are several repeaters for CPU generated UDFA's invites, who a lot of the times you can find being released by other teams if they weren't invited to your camp. Each iteration they retain the same last name but almost always have a different first name. The more notable ones for me are:
(Chester) Brown a 85-87 POT TE. (Craig) Harper a 83-85 very competitive CB with high Catch, SPC, CIT ratings and anywhere to 82-86 Man Coverage skills and 76-84 Zone skills. Sometimes it pays to go "dumpster" looking for filling your roster with throwaways in the UDFA pools.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I found a 6'11" LT once in my "after the draft" added rookie FA's. I think his last name was Cox. But, yeah, I think the names kind of vary but they try to get some random guys added that fit your philosophies (like if I've got everything set up for a 3-4, I don't end up with 235 rookie FA Defensive Ends added to my team.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thinking you may be spot on. The 6'11" LT didn't show up for me and it must be like you said, players are created to better help you be successful the first year. It's more player specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »