Home

Things that make you go "...huh??!!.."

This is a discussion on Things that make you go "...huh??!!.." within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Things that make you go "...huh??!!.."

Howdy everyone,

I just thought it would be fun to me a thread were everyone can list things that happened during a game that made you scratch your head.

My biggest one is this.

I was playing the Saints *I use the Bucs.

I was ahead 14-7 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. The Saints had the ball on their 7 yard line. They had 3rd and 8. I called Dime prevent.

They did a little flare pass to the flat with big ol' Mike Carney #44 Fullback. I will never forget that name. He caught the ball on the 8ish yard line and was running against the sideline.

"No problem" I thought. Surely my speedy de Gaines Adams will catch him. That was my first incorrect assumption.

"Well no problem. I have my two cornerbacks who can run him down." 93 and 92 speed. "After all, he is running in a straight line down the sideline. My DBs will have the angle."

That was my second incorrect assumption.

Don't you know a FB will 77 speed outran 2 two CBs with 93ish speed. It wasn't like they were blitzing or were way on the other side of the field.

And he made it into the endzone with no one closer than the 15 yard line.

It would have been less painful if it had been Reggie Bush, but a 77 FB...Doh!!!

Anyway, please feel free to post yours.

Peace=)

Yeppers. Carney outran my guys for 92 yards=(

Peace=)

Last edited by bucfan1969; 08-20-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Adding information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Things that make you go "...huh??!!.."

I don't have anything quite that tragic.

The best I have is this:

Week 1, Raiders at Broncos. I'm Oakland. It's 4th & 5 with 1:30 left in the game, Raiders ball at their own 23, leading 10-6. I get the pop-up for a defining moment, wanting me to go for it. Yeah, like that's going to happen. So I choose no, and punt the ball away. Denver had called a punt block and didn't get to me, so my gunners ran down the field untouched, NAILED their returner, causing a fumble... picked that up and ran it in for a TD...sealing a Raiders victory. ...and my approval rating goes down.

I mean, I know Al Davis is a little bit lost nowadays, but I don't think he's lost *that* much of his mind yet.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Maybe the DBs gave up on the play? Watch the game film and bring them into your office to chew them out. It's your way or the highway tell them. Then show them clips of Alstott banging his head against the goal line 4 times in a single play and explain to them that THAT is what you mean by persistance and dedication
Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Prevent probably isn't the best idea in that situation as everyone will be so far in the endzone that any pass that is made just outside the goaline will easily be run in for a touchdown, and type of drag route, flat route, short in, swing pass to the back will all be wide open for a TD. That being said your guys probably should of run him down but thats the Madden engine for you.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Looking at Antonio Gates stats for the past 2 years and seeing that in 2009 he had 107 catches for 1600 yards. No TE no matter how good would be able to pull that off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

never say never

no back will every run for more than 200 yards in a game
no back will ever rush fro more than 2000 yards in a season

and so on and so on and so on....
Old 08-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

J.Witten had 96 catches for 1145 yards last season. I wouldn't say its outside the realm of possibility, but yea the TE is heavily favored read in a lot of plays when not supersimming.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
Prevent probably isn't the best idea in that situation as everyone will be so far in the endzone that any pass that is made just outside the goaline will easily be run in for a touchdown, and type of drag route, flat route, short in, swing pass to the back will all be wide open for a TD. That being said your guys probably should of run him down but thats the Madden engine for you.
He said that the opposing team was on their own 7 yard line. They had 97 yards to catch up to the FB and couldn't do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »