Home

Marion Barber

This is a discussion on Marion Barber within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10
Angry Marion Barber

Why does Barber juke backwards 10 yards instead of tryin to truck someone? Why did they make him a b!tch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Marion Barber

they all do that. The other day my O line opened up a hole you could drive a truck through, right in front of Frank Gore, and instead of punching through the hole Gore made about a 170-degree turn (no exaggeration) and ran away from the line of scrimmage and got tackled for about a 8yd loss.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 10-08-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Why does Barber juke backwards 10 yards instead of tryin to truck someone? Why did they make him a b!tch?
Up your RB coach's special skills. I noticed that in the first few games, but then against Tampa he had 129 yards after I upgraded. He still won't roll people over but he seemed to hit the hole better.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think what is happening here is bad graphics. The poor running, from what I can tell, is a combination of the guys stats AND his and the team in generals play knowledge. If the play knowledge is low he jukes around more in my experience.

Ronnie Brown did the same things for me at first. Now (end of second season) he's getting 80-120 yards per game and hits holes with authority..EXCEPT for plays he doesn't know too well...then he goes into the lateral movement instead of running to daylight.

The graphic engine isn't able to display what is actually supposed to be happening. My guess would be the lateral and reverse moves are really simulating the entire team not running the play right and missing assignments.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Its makes me angry the O-line opens up a hole but he would rather be R.Bush and juke and spin for a 5 yard loss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

I know this might be little off topic but how do u beat the 'boys I can't seem to beat them with the eahgles any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

canes, did u start in the offseason or preseason? because the eagles are significantly better in the preseason in this game.

if u started from the preseason- use quick subs alot. set your DE's as darren howard and victor abiamiri during rushing downs, and set your DE's as trent cole and juqua parker in passing downs. patterson and bunkley are great run blockers, but not so great pass rushers. use dawkins or mikkel along with stew bradley to blitz in the middle alot, at least 50% of the time. occasionally use gocong or gaither to blitz on the outside, but i zoned them alot. DO NOT use your lbs to man cover anyone. always have one safety playing centerfield, because to or witten can burn you

on offense, run in the inside with buckhalter and hunt. on passing downs, set your 2 rbs in the backfield to be booker and bwest. if you sent bwest on a circle route or anything off the outside, he'll burn ware or ellis. booker is speedy, so hes good for short routes. use lj smith or a back to help block ware. and do mostly intermediate passes, dont go deep too much.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #8
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescrzy
canes, did u start in the offseason or preseason? because the eagles are significantly better in the preseason in this game.

if u started from the preseason- use quick subs alot. set your DE's as darren howard and victor abiamiri during rushing downs, and set your DE's as trent cole and juqua parker in passing downs. patterson and bunkley are great run blockers, but not so great pass rushers. use dawkins or mikkel along with stew bradley to blitz in the middle alot, at least 50% of the time. occasionally use gocong or gaither to blitz on the outside, but i zoned them alot. DO NOT use your lbs to man cover anyone. always have one safety playing centerfield, because to or witten can burn you

on offense, run in the inside with buckhalter and hunt. on passing downs, set your 2 rbs in the backfield to be booker and bwest. if you sent bwest on a circle route or anything off the outside, he'll burn ware or ellis. booker is speedy, so hes good for short routes. use lj smith or a back to help block ware. and do mostly intermediate passes, dont go deep too much.
Thanks I did start in the preseason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »