Home

Can't resign player

This is a discussion on Can't resign player within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Can't resign player

Ok so I have this rookie QB who is a backup (91 pot but the starter is 95). At first I tried to low ball him and he didn't bite. After the 3rd try he said he would take my offer. next thing I know the "negotiations in progress" tab comes up, wtf? Ok so than there were 2 options and I picked the better one and he agreed, cool. than a little while later the "negotiations in progress" tab came back again......so I go over to the roster tab and for some reason he still has his rookie contract. Again, I try to sign him, there was only 1 option and he agree to it AGAIN, a little while late the stupid "negotiations in progress" tab comes back agian. I run to my roster tab and the stupid thing still has him at his rookie contract of 1 year. I try to negotiate AGAIN but this time there are no packages for me to offer him???? What is going on? Not only does it NOT sign him now I can't even offer him a contract even when he agrees to them. Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't resign player

I had a couple times where when I tried to negotiate a contract, there were no packages for me to offer, so all I could do is sit there and wait for the timer to count down (there isn't even any option to back out, so you literally have to just sit there and wait). I had it happen with two different players, but both times it eventually fixed itself, ie. at some later date it eventually gave me packages to offer. I dont know what to tell you other than that though. Seems to just be a low-frequency bug. You are the third person including myself that I've ever seen mention it here.

This happened to me twice in the same season with two different players, and it was after I had been haggling them to the point where they both walked out on negotiations several times.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 12-17-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
I had a couple times where when I tried to negotiate a contract, there were no packages for me to offer, so all I could do is sit there and wait for the timer to count down (there isn't even any option to back out, so you literally have to just sit there and wait). I had it happen with two different players, but both times it eventually fixed itself, ie. at some later date it eventually gave me packages to offer. I dont know what to tell you other than that though. Seems to just be a low-frequency bug. You are the third person including myself that I've ever seen mention it here.

This happened to me twice in the same season with two different players, and it was after I had been haggling them to the point where they both walked out on negotiations several times.

Some players do that to show they are upset, they may do it several times then if you lowball them the walk.

It's how the player shows he is mad, he won't give you a contract offer to work on.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had players not accept my lowballs and never come back to the table again. But never had what you're describing happen... hmm..
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

depends on the players personality, I know Brian Brohm did it as a rookie, the first tiem I negotiated with him time ran out just before I picke dthe deal he came down to. the next 3 or 4 times no deals showed up, just say he was deciding. then he made an 1 choice offer when he did make one.

It's the same as when as coach you open negotiations with a player you know you are not going to sign and let time run out or back out of the negotiations.

Last edited by scorp; 12-18-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: sp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
Some players do that to show they are upset, they may do it several times then if you lowball them the walk.

It's how the player shows he is mad, he won't give you a contract offer to work on.
I think it's a bug. I saw somebody say that they had this happen without ever having haggled the guy, in fact it was the very first go at negotiating his contract.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

It is a bug. It's happened to me too, and it was my first attempt at negotiating. I was unable to sign one player because he never had any packages when his time came up to resign. Very frustrating!!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Ok so I have this rookie QB who is a backup (91 pot but the starter is 95). At first I tried to low ball him and he didn't bite. After the 3rd try he said he would take my offer. next thing I know the "negotiations in progress" tab comes up, wtf? Ok so than there were 2 options and I picked the better one and he agreed, cool. than a little while later the "negotiations in progress" tab came back again......so I go over to the roster tab and for some reason he still has his rookie contract. Again, I try to sign him, there was only 1 option and he agree to it AGAIN, a little while late the stupid "negotiations in progress" tab comes back agian. I run to my roster tab and the stupid thing still has him at his rookie contract of 1 year. I try to negotiate AGAIN but this time there are no packages for me to offer him???? What is going on? Not only does it NOT sign him now I can't even offer him a contract even when he agrees to them. Any advice?
I am curious here.. What was your teams record and what was the players attitude towards the coach? Maybe he doesnt like the team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »