Home

Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Year 1 Trades

Kellen Winslow II, if the Browns are willing to trade him. They weren't in mine, but that might have been because I traded for Joe Thomas
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
Rookie

BoneThrower's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
Any suggestions for a good/cheap TE? Heap has an injury rating of like 35, so he never is healthy.

Olsen, the TE from the Bears. He's a 79-OVR/89-POT guy for me with I think four years left on his contract. Got him for a backup player and an 09-4th Rder!

GBR
Old 03-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
Any suggestions for a good/cheap TE? Heap has an injury rating of like 35, so he never is healthy.
Vernon Davis has been fantastic for me on my career, because he is a physical freak with a very low overall (He won't learn hardly any plays) Once his mega contract expired, I was able to get him for 500 K a year, and he plays like a stud for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Vernon Davis has been fantastic for me on my career, because he is a physical freak with a very low overall (He won't learn hardly any plays) Once his mega contract expired, I was able to get him for 500 K a year, and he plays like a stud for me.
I agree with this one, he comes cheap in trade early and if you run the Chargers offense...good holy hell the guy puts up 2000 yards/22tds on 145 catches.

Monstah
Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #13
Rookie

Its hard to determine what you have to give up in terms of draft picks because it will depend on your GM skill and the player overall.

I find WR's are the easiest to get for cheap. Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams are easy to get because the lions have a crap QB usually, this means that their overall drops because their production is bad.
So what I do is wait till the end of the season, then go through the WR list and find a great player whose overall is in the 80's.
I guess this can be considered exploiting, but it kind of reminds me of what the Patriots did to get Randy Moss.

I got Larry Fitzgerald for cheap because Kurt Warner retired and the Cardinals had a crap QB throwing to him
Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcon_Vpro
I got Larry Fitzgerald for cheap because Kurt Warner retired and the Cardinals had a crap QB throwing to him
And that guy would be MATT LEINARD!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST2SC
And that guy would be MATT LEINARD!!!!
Lol actually it wasnt Leinart(altho Leinart would have the same effect)... They drafted some bust QB in the first round of the 2009 draft I think... and at the end of that season, Larry Fitzgerald was rated at like 86 or 88 and I offered them a trade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
Rookie

ST2SC's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcon_Vpro
Lol actually it wasnt Leinart(altho Leinart would have the same effect)... They drafted some bust QB in the first round of the 2009 draft I think... and at the end of that season, Larry Fitzgerald was rated at like 86 or 88 and I offered them a trade
So what did you trade Larry for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »