Home

Am I the only one that thinks it is really easy to find late round gems?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that thinks it is really easy to find late round gems? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Am I the only one that thinks it is really easy to find late round gems?

For some it is obvious by draft updates by Adam Schefter.

But other u can usually just look for ones with either no or few cons or what ever they call them. On top if that if you find one that has all three as none you are almost guaranteed to have a good player. Also, if you see upside as a pro there is a good chance as well.

It would be nice if it was a little harder to find these guys. I really do not need a first round pick and in a few season can put together a good team of upper 80's and some lower 90's. If you trade down you get a ton of other draft picks in later rounds and can use them to get late round gems.

I do not know how to correct it but the current system seems to easy to me.

Plus, these guys keep your salary cap lower. At least, until you need to resign them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Am I the only one that thinks it is really easy to find late round gems?

I try not to get the same guys every time I run through the same draft class. It also helps to use different philosophies, different teams, and different playbooks each time.

It would also be nice if the draft classes, or at least the attributes and all, were a bit more randomized..
Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

yeah, I love this game, but I wished the players were randomized; that way you would have replayability past the 4 draft classes. It's fun to hear stories on some of the players, but I'd rather not have that and have a new experience each time I played the game.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play it with the sound off a lot since the game screen is in the same room as the main TV and I'm often playing the game while my wife watches TV. When the sound is off I don't hear the in season discussion of the college class anyway. So, I too wish there was a way to extend it past 4 draft paths as well...especially since it looks like this is it for the franchise.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

It depends on the draft class. I turned the Chiefs into a 15-1 SB team after my first English draft, but with my Sweetney-Texans, a team that is considered much easier to build into a powerhouse, I had a much tougher time. My entire Chiefs-English draft, all 9 of my picks, had +90 POT. I got one player who was just at 90 POT with my Sweetney-Texans. I have several usable players, but they're more just stop-gap role players than the foundations of a dynasty.

If you want a realistic and challenging rebuilding experience, I would highly advise against the English path. There are just too many Hall of Famers all over the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

60 different draft classes are plenty. Stop being so hard to please
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't even mean using the name. I haven't played the game that much. I am only in my 4 season and really haven't been on these forums much to see anything more the the English QB. Which by the way, he has been on the Raven as a back up since being drafted.

What I mean is just by looking at a few keys things in every draft I have been able to find second day draft picks with POT of 90+. So, far I have been getting at least two but as many as 5 per draft. Trading down gets you way to much also. This last draft I had two picks every round of the second day.

There is not way that is realistic.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The abilities of your GM greatly affects how easy it is to find good players in the draft. If you want a greater challenge, then either choose a team with a GM of skill level 30 or less or hire a new GM who is very low skill. Believe me, it makes it a lot more challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »