Home

Best Tight End in J. English path

This is a discussion on Best Tight End in J. English path within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Best Tight End in J. English path

For those of you that have done the J/ English draft path, I wanted to get some insite on who you thought was the best tight end.

So far I have seen TE Goldman, who I drafted my first year and is a beast, also TE Cousins was a highly touted draft prospect in year 2 and now TE Storm Stewart is the highlighted TE in year 3's draft.

Which have you drafted and whos the best and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Best Tight End in J. English path

Cousins is the only one I've had and he's a BEAST. I'd recommend him.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I heard Storm Stewart was more like a WR. Fast and decent hands as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Storm Stewart. Just a freakish package of speed and power. I know people have switched him to running back and had him play very well as well. His speed kills, and once he gets the ball, he can also break a lot of tackles.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

There are two good TE's in the first year draft, one compared to Kellen Winslow, and the other to Chris Cooley.

My opinion: neither. Trade for a TE. The thing is, for me at least, TE's develop slowly. So if he started at a 78 OVA, he'd be at 80 in two years. You're better off getting Witten or Gonzalez; a complete package who can block and be a big threat.

In the second year, there are three TE's, only 1 I have used: Cousins (Antonio Gates). However, in my opinion, the same rule applies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Goldman has been stout in my KC franshise, I also picked up a guy names Lott who has been good but would probably have a different name in other peoples drafts. I just drafted Stewart and in 3 preseason games he has been ok, nothing special but I did "just" get him.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

In year 6 or 7 of the English path, there is a tight end named Teondre Mann. Mann is the best tight end I have seen in this path with a 95 potential using balanced philosophy, a speed rating of 96, agility and acceleration in the 90s, and he catches everything in sight--in addition to being an above average run blocker. After drafting Mann I created a package specifically for him and he consistently nets 80-120 receiving yards a game. Mann is a late first/early second round pick. I would suggest drafting him at 31 or 32 if you can however, because I think it is always best to get the low cost five year deal for can't miss players (93 potential or above).
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

I have used goldman, cousins, and stewart in different franchises.

Goldman is nice cause he can be picked up the latest and he definitely was nice to have early in english's career as he was a primary target then. He catches the ball very well and is just extremely consistant.

Cousins the time I ran with him spent a couple years behind tony g but totaled 9 tds in those 2 years. After that, when he got the starting job, I had enough other receiving targets that marrow was gunning to that cousins didn't produce like goldman had for me but I think he is as good, just didn't get targeted as much. He always caught his share of tds though.

Stewart is the best after the catch able to go the distance at any time. He wasn't ever as consistant for me as goldman though or as much of a red zone threat as cousins. He was, however, very dangerous, especially with desean jackson, dexter jackson, and jamerion bellows also on the field. Just a matchup nightmare and in a madden game would have been the best.

All 3 of these were used in different offenses however with different coaching staffs and teammates so that could lead to some of the differences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »