Home

What team to get?!?!

This is a discussion on What team to get?!?! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
What team to get?!?!

I think the hardest thing to do in the game so far as Im just getting into the game is deciding what team to get! I wanna kinda rebuild a team, but not like the Lions bad of a team tho. So, somewhere like Redskins-Chiefs range...? I dunno haha... Any ideas?!?

Also, does EVERYONE create their own coach or stick with the actual coach? If u stick with the actual coach, do ur skills start at zero still as if u created one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What team to get?!?!

hey welcome to hc.

1. If your starting your first carear i suggest you pick the team you are a fan of. This way you know the players and their positions and as a fan you will know their weakpoints so you can start right away making them a better team. Personally i did the bears and i think there a good team to sort of rebuild. The defense is good already all you need to do is replace the aging oline and get a qb and a runningback (I am assuming that you will do the draft) In my first year i was able to win the superbowl with my rookie qb and rb and in my second year i am currently 15-0.

2. Make your own coach. Personally i think this is more fun and it offers a good challenge. I have never tried but i beleive that if you go with a current coach they do not start over. The only way to start anew is to make your own head coach.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What team to get?!?!

Definitely make your own coach. They key to deciding a franchise is deciding how much you want to alter the rosters. You want to start preseason, before the draft - but you have to decide if you want to rebuild a team or get a few cogs that put it over the top. If you want to rebuild, a team like the Chiefs, Seahawks and Panthers are good becauuse you have some stud players, but can free up some room to sign some good FAs and a decent draft choice. I'd really rank the Chiefs the best of the three to start with. If you just want to add a cog or two to the wheel, I'd go with the Saints first, Jags or Cards next. The Bengals are fun too, as the offense has weapons, and you add a player like Felix Jones to the running game, and a decent lineman or two on the other side, and you'd be surprised. If you pick a team and want some ideas, let me know... Good Luck. (I started this time with the Bucs, but I did a near complete roster overhaul. I kept 4 players off the original roster!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »