Home

Switching Teams

This is a discussion on Switching Teams within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Switching Teams

I'm currently considering switching teams after the season is over. I've never done this before on HC, so I'd like to know if there's a chance to take some of my staff members with me to my new team (as it is usually the case in the NFL).

Can I take staff members with me or do I have to start from scratch with my new team (if I should switch teams)???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Switching Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
I'm currently considering switching teams after the season is over. I've never done this before on HC, so I'd like to know if there's a chance to take some of my staff members with me to my new team (as it is usually the case in the NFL).

Can I take staff members with me or do I have to start from scratch with my new team (if I should switch teams)???
No, you can only switch with your HC. All your other staff members stay behind or leave for other teams. There's also a good change you'll take a approval hit if you've got any unfilled approval goals with your old team.

If your new team has any openings, you can fill those spots. Otherwise, you're stuck with the coaches on your new team for that offseason.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Can I at least fire my new team's staff and bid for FA staff or am I completely stuck with the staff in place at the new team???
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Can I at least fire my new team's staff and bid for FA staff or am I completely stuck with the staff in place at the new team???
yea you can fire them for FA bid
Old 03-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathyT
yea you can fire them for FA bid
This is incorrect. When the head coach of a team you take over is fired, so are the rest of the staff that they wanna fire. So you will be able to bid for the spots that the old staff fired but anyone they did not fire you must have for at least one season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
This is incorrect. When the head coach of a team you take over is fired, so are the rest of the staff that they wanna fire. So you will be able to bid for the spots that the old staff fired but anyone they did not fire you must have for at least one season.
Yeah what Kahuma said is right. You can't can your staff before you leave, nor can you take any with you.

Your best hope is that under a new coach your former team sucks (happens a lot, new playbook and all), fires some staff, and then if you missed the playoffs (so you can see all the staff choices before they get hired), you may be able to reunite that way.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

As much as I have played this game I haven't switched teams either, but I am goin gto do that now, just see how many teams I can build up in the 15 years.
My question... Do you know how many draft picks the team you are going to has. Its safe to say the Jets after Mangini, the seahwks, KC are teams to worry about they trade for alot of players and don't have many picks.

I just would want to go to a team that sucks and find out they have 2 picks in the draft this year and 3 next. to rebuild in FA is very costly.

I could always save, switch to a team and then see how many picks, then quit if they are in really bad shape with picks, unless they have plenty of guys to trade away.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

You actually can fire staff on a new team once you switch under certain conditions.

If the new team has no GM, you can click the option while negotiating for a new GM to 'Fire Staff". Also, if your new team doesn't have an OC or a DC, you can also click the option to "fire staff" to get rid of your position coaches.

So, you can go to a team with no GM, fire your coordinators during negotiating for a new GM. If this doesn't fire positional coaches as well, you can just choose the option to fire them when you negotiate to hire your coordinaters.

So if you go to a team with no GM, you won't have to carry over any of the previous coaching staff for the first year if you don't want to. But, you can't choose to fire everyone except, say, your RB coach. You either lose everyone, or you keep everyone. If most of the coaches suck, it's not a big deal though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »