Home

Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Option Run

Hey have any of you guys gotten an option playbook working right?

I just started a new career with the Panthers and am using a modified General Sanders Option PB and went 0-16 on the season. I couldn't run the ball for the life of me and when I passed it was INT or incomplete. We got blown out every game. Any tips besides getting players that better fit the system?

Also I have the Ozzie Jones Path....anyone know of some good sleepers or players in this path that would help me run my power option?

Philosophies for Offense are:
QB: Mobile/Speed
HB: Power
FB: Blocking
WR: Strong/Blocking
TE: Blocking
OL: Run Blocking

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Option Run

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ge-past-7.html

Make sure you have amazing RUNBLOCKING TACKLES AND TIGHT ENDS. They need 80+ IMB, 90+ STR, AND 80+ RBF/RBS. Follow the plan byron put up when it comes to gameplanning for it middle of the page.

As for filling out the team, you want speed at qb rb and fb, and slot wrs if you run options with them(they can be under tall redzone threat though in philosophy). You want TALL strong wrs at 1 and 2 to make/hold blocks on the outside. Never try to run the option OUTSIDE against a cover 2 team, and only rarely against man if you have the pass game going and they're spread out. Works best against cover 1 and 3 teams because there are gaping holes on the outside of the box for tosses and pitches.

Have to keep defenses honest by running up the middle so gameplan that within the first 2 weeks, but start with working on outside runs and qb runs if you want option runs working sooner than later.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Thanks for the help Mr. Yatch. I will have to look into that. I was lucky this year and even with my 6 approval and 0 and 16 record I still have the job.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Ok so I read your post Yatch and I must say I like that gameplan. I will use it next year but I am sticking with my current philosophies because I want this to be formed around the power option. I have already finished 100% of the scouting for the Ozzie Jones draft. Looks....interesting.. I might never have a real option QB but there is some decent ones. The surprises have been the WRs. I have actually found there to be some strong/blocking WRs. Now blocking TE and FB. Thats another story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »