Home

Impact of Overall Health Ratings

This is a discussion on Impact of Overall Health Ratings within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2020, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Impact of Overall Health Ratings

Hey Everyone, many thanks to this community who’ve I enjoyed reading as (mostly) a lurker over the years. Hope you’re all hanging in there these days.

I’ve a question as to how the various levels of Overall Health affect player performance - and really, when you get down to it, at what level should you move on from a player?

Here’s the situation, I’m in 2012 and was lucky enough to sign Terrell Suggs who was not franchised in the first offseason. What an absolute monster he is blitzing from ROLB.

At the end of the season he will be 29, and have 1-year remaining on a longterm contract- normally when I look to draft-day trade those players who I expect might be too expensive to re-sign.

Under normal conditions, I wouldn’t dream of moving on from a player like Suggs- he wrecks opposing offenses game in and game out- however, at this stage, his Overall Health has dropped precipitously, and now sits teetering at 72.

Is it time to cut bait?

Over the years I’ve seen that a number of good players wind up unsigned in FA once their health is in this range, and of course, below an Overall Health of 80, a player is listed on the Injury Report as Probable, etc.

But are there real impacts in terms of gameplay? What sort of penalty do his attributes suffer at this (or increasingly worse) leves of health? Is he more likely to suffer a longterm injury?

Any insight anyone can provide into how Overall Health impacts performance on the field?

It is greatly appreciated- after all this time I can still have some glaring blind spots of in-game knowledge.

Thanks, everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Impact of Overall Health Ratings

The bigger determining factor will be his injury rating. This will determine how often he gets injured. His health would determine which body part would get injured when he gets injured.

Here is a quote from Josh Looman, the producer of the game:

"If a player has a low injury rating, there is a really good chance they'll get hurt at least once during the season. if a player has a 95-99 injury rating, there is a good chance they'll rarely ever get hurt. Toughness impacts how long they take to heal. And you have to factor in the trainer's abilities, also. And their health at each body part."

Here is a good analysis from Mike3207:

"Well for me the most important thing you want to look at is not either health or durability, but a player's injury rating. Injury rating covers how frequently the player is going to get injured.

Example one-WR Earl Bennett.He's basically never injured or suffers ill health, and under normal circumstances he'll never suffer a injury.He's not only got a high injury rating, but good scores in the other health ratings.

Example 2-LT Joe Staley-He's got a pretty good injury rating, but he does suffer from occasional injuries.I'd say his injury rating is in the low 90's.

Example 3-DT Tommy Harris-his injury rating is not good, and you can get expect him to get injured on a regular basis.I'd say he's good for about 8-12 games a year on the average.

Overall health is a composite of the individual health on all your body parts.When you suffer a injury and one of them is damaged, it will downgrade and transfer over to your overall health as well.Enough of those injuries, and you'll see a significant drop in your durability as well.

A good trainer really isn't going to prevent injuries.I had injuries even with a 99 overall trainer.What a good trainer will do is help your players get back faster than a bad one.

The one thing I don't know is what determines whether something is a one day injury or one that ends a season.Is that where Toughness comes in-maybe.

In short(too late), you want to look at Injury Rating, Durability, and then Health. A player with a 99 IR and 99 Dur can have a long career even at 80 health. On the other hand, a player with 80 Injury rating will likely get frequent downgrades to both his health and durability before too long.Still, the lower a body part gets in health the more likely it will get injured again, so do your best to keep the health in the body parts up."

Make sure to check out the forum links below for a lot of good insight and information.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ns-thread.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...edge-past.html
Old 11-30-2020, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

I too am still playing and yes lurking and pouring through this forum for answers. It’s good to see others still playing this great game.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Pro

To follow up on this, in my PS3 roster update, every player has an injury rating of 90+ and there are ZERO players (other than the randomly generated UDFA's) with injuries 11 games into the season.

So definitely I would say that injury is the most important thing to look at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »