Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2019, 11:47 PM   #4593
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
It's not what Beasley didn't do. It was how we used him as a coaching staff. He has been underused in Dallas. You mention names like Renfrow & Isabella in the draft. These guys don't have the quickness of Beasley. Beasley is not a fast guy but he's a really quick guy & runs very precise routes.
Did you watch the Senior Bowl or follow it? Isabella ran a hand-timed 40 of 4.24 in Mobile. Hand-timed isn't especially accurate but even 2 extra tenths puts him at 4.44, which is blazing fast for a slot guy. He had a game with over 200 yards against UGA this year in Athens. In short: this guy can play. He's in the mix for 58 overall. I don't think they'd take him, but he will shoot up the board. Teams will look at him and see guys like Kupp and Edelman and the impact good slot WRs can have on your passing game and want him on their teams.

Renfrow is cut from same cloth size-wise and will probably run slower and go later as a result but I love taking guys who walked on in college and played their best against their best opponents and Renfrow did have some memorable games against Alabama and in the ACC for Clemson. He's more of a change-of-direction guy, probably more Welker-lite in this respect. He's one of my favorite players in this draft.

Beasley is way too expensive for what he brings to the table. Let him run off to NE to chase a ring if he wants. I'm more than happy with giving the lion's share of the targets to Gallup and Cooper.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 AM   #4594
Pro

Quote:
Garrett just might be coaching his last season in Big D after the 2019 season: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rrett-contract

I still think Jerry is holding out hope that he will he will be able to bring Sean Payton back to Dallas. Payton is also in the final year of his contract and this next season could easily be Brees’ last year. If Brees does retire I think Jerry will go hard after Payton to bring him to Dallas to replace Garrett.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #4595
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

So, rather than fire him any other time he's deserved it, they're going to treat next season line a throw away.

That's the impression I get, anyhow.

Are we seriously expecting a middling offense to all of a sudden take wings under Moore? We'll know a lot after their first few trips to the red zone...if it's the same crap Garrett/Linehan ran, then what's the point?

They had better add to their pass rushing depth, because they MUST hold opponents under 23 to win.

Dak ain't lighting anyone up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #4596
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
So, rather than fire him any other time he's deserved it, they're going to treat next season line a throw away.

That's the impression I get, anyhow.

Are we seriously expecting a middling offense to all of a sudden take wings under Moore? We'll know a lot after their first few trips to the red zone...if it's the same crap Garrett/Linehan ran, then what's the point?

They had better add to their pass rushing depth, because they MUST hold opponents under 23 to win.

Dak ain't lighting anyone up.

I’m honestly expecting a down year next season. There is a good chance that Zeke holds out. It also seems that the Jones might be expecting the same thing. No sense in extending Red when they guy they really want becomes free after next season. Prepare for the worst and then start fresh in 2020 with a new coach (Payton) and a resigned Zeke.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #4597
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

WR Terrance Williams days of being a Cowboy are over: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-free-agent
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 02-19-2019, 12:19 AM   #4598
Pro

Dallas Cowboys War Room

Didn’t see this one posted here yet. Apparently Irving failed multiple drug tests while he was out and he also was not doing his rehab. It’s about time they moved on from this loser.

https://twitter.com/cowboys_tt/statu...505782272?s=21
Old 02-20-2019, 02:48 AM   #4599
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Didn’t see this one posted here yet. Apparently Irving failed multiple drug tests while he was out and he also was not doing his rehab. It’s about time they moved on from this loser.

https://twitter.com/cowboys_tt/statu...505782272?s=21
Why is it that we seem to be the NFL team that ends up with the most players with drug and/or other off-the-field problems? I know just about all NFL teams go through these players that give them off-the-field problems but it seems the Dallas Cowboys are the landing spot for more of these type players than any other team. Geez!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 02-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #4600
Pro

Quote:
Why is it that we seem to be the NFL team that ends up with the most players with drug and/or other off-the-field problems? I know just about all NFL teams go through these players that give them off-the-field problems but it seems the Dallas Cowboys are the landing spot for more of these type players than any other team. Geez!

I think part of it is just that the Cowboys get more publicity that most other teams. Because of that we hear about their druggies than the ones in other teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »