Home

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

This is a discussion on XCOM: Enemy Unknown within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #801
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

So do you get to pick the gender later? It was just "here's 10 guys and 2 ladies,have at it!" I was going to name them after ex-girlfriends so I won't care as much if they die.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #802
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
So do you get to pick the gender later? It was just "here's 10 guys and 2 ladies,have at it!" I was going to name them after ex-girlfriends so I won't care as much if they die.
If you have the PC version, I believe there is a mod that allows you to change the genders.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #803
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
A full port of this is coming to iOS.

Pretty cool.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #804
Banned

OVR: 18

Definitely pumped. Gonna love playing this on the iPad.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #805
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
A full port of this is coming to iOS.

Pretty cool.
That's awesome. Very awesome.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #806
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
Yes. Yes. Yes! As much fun as I had with this game on Xbox, I just don't have the time to sit down and play it that much anymore. Totally looking forward to many more play throughs on the train, at work, on the can

It's not going to be a .99 cent game though. My guess is $10 maybe $15. Day one purchase for me no matter what it is though. I hope it includes the "Second Wave" DLC options - like I said, I never got to complete a play through with those.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #807
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I rented this from Gamefly for 360 and like it so much that my wife went ahead and bought it for me on a good deal w/coupons and stuff via Gamefly.

I have been enjoying the game for a few weeks now, reading up on the wiki for it and the 2k boards to get some pointers.

My hesitation to play up until recently is that I'm AWFUL at RTS games. But it just looked so damn cool I had to give it a go. I freely admit that I play on Easy, which works perfectly for me since strategy games are my weakest gaming genre. Not bored at all and having a blast.

This game is addicting in the same way Far Cry 3 is; one more mission, then I'll have this or that researched, get that new armor, etc. Great stuff. It's depressing when you lose a soldier you've had over several missions.

VERY well executed game....I see why this thread is so long! It deserves the love.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #808
Banned

OVR: 4

I love the game play and I dislike the base strategy part.

I'm good at the game play - it's fun as hell leveling up characters and specializing them and trying to take down levels without loosing anyone.

But I suck at strategy style games and the game gets ruined for me between missions when I'm in my base having to choose what to research, what to build, where to put satellites, etc... Not because it's not well designed, but because I just suck at these types of games and always screw it up or I want to be able to do everything and get frustrated that I can't. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to certain games and I get frustrated when I can't have every single country at 0 threat and go through the game without losing any of them... Things like that; I keep reloading trying to figure out where I went wrong and then restarting the game to try to avoid that mistake, even when you just can't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »