Home

Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #409
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Halo 5

I'm the worst player in the history of Halo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #410
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I'm the worst player in the history of Halo.

Negative. I claimed that already.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #411
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Finished the campaign on Heroic. Took me 8 hours, which is similar to past Halo games.

Quick thoughts:
  • I enjoyed it. Not the best Halo campaign, but a solid and fun ride. Didn't play Halo 4, so can't compare.
  • Besides a few abrupt transitions that made for some weird pacing, I liked the story too. I see a lot of comparisons to Halo 2, but unlike how that game ended, I felt fulfilled by the end of Halo 5.
  • The feel of movement and shooting is the best yet. It's also the first time I feel like a Spartan.
  • Combat bowls don't match the highs of those in the Bungie Halo games, but still have their moments.
  • Didn't play MCC, so this is the first time experiencing Halo at 60fps, and it's locked and glorious.
  • Promethean aren't as fun to fight as the Covenant.
  • Sanghelios!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #412
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Totally loving the little time I've spent with the game so far. I got an Xbone specifically for this and so far not disappointed.

It has the feeling of the old school Halo 2 that I used to be completely hooked on, but just more refined and "tight" for lack of a better word. It's definitely faster paced but that doesn't seem to be a negative at all.

It took me 3 or 4 games to knock the rust off and then I was at least bordering respectable.

I've only touched Arena so far and have been playing the free for all Slayer...very chaotic, but fun as hell..as FFA should be. Kept me up way past my bedtime last night. Definitely has that "just one more match" addiction factor. Gonna be trying some Warzone today and seeing what that's all about.

For those that are getting dominated...hopefully once the expert players start leveling up the matchmaking will start working properly so you're not playing with people that are insanely good. I always thought Halo games had the best matchmaking by far of any shooter as far as pitting you against people of equal skill, and I'm counting on that to continue. It will just take some time for things to even out.

If anyone wants to add me feel free. I don't have a proper headset yet, but might be investing in one soon for this game. GT: Harpua the dog1

Last edited by budsticky; 10-27-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #413
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Ive played about 8 hours and I still suck but the secret to me is to just get good with the handgun and Battle Rifle. If you can get kills with those guns then you are golden. I do not ADS nearly as much as other FPS games and that helps a lot. Shooting from the hip in short to medium long range is much more accurate. When you pick up a DMR and can hip fire it, you just become a lot better.

I only zoom in for long range stuff. I was told that by a guy I play with is averaging about 15 kills a game easily with a KDA of over 9.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #414
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I might be the John Stockton/Steve Nash/CP3 of Halo. I don't get many kills but my assist are up there lol

Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #415
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Well, things definitely got better for me tonight in the arena. Seems once it got later in the night, and more than just the hardcore players got on, I started to get my usual numbers. Still getting slaughtered alot, but doing equal amounts of slaughtering. Hit my 10th match in slayer team for ranking purposes.

I wish there was just straight up 4 on 4 without the damn power weapons though. They often provide too much of an advantage IMO. It does give some matches that explosive wow factor though.

I also wish, that during team play, people would actually play as a team. lol

Had one round in the warzone. I didnt know what to expect, but damn that was fun!

Played the first two missions of the campaign too. Damn, that was fun too!

All in all, a good first day. Seems really well done all the way around from what I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #416
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Platinum 1 in Slayer. I'll take it. Haven't played Halo since Reach.

60fps, the feel of movement and shooting, back to even weapon starts and map control. Halo has returned and the added mobility options are perfect. Somebody hold me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »