Home

Draft Day Approaches

This is a discussion on Draft Day Approaches within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Draft Day Approaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Nothing to do with posterity. I said it at the beginning of last year. I just don't think he translates to the NFL well. For the exact reasons I stated.

I do have NFL Network, but with baseball season in full swing reall haven't been watching it. What did Mayock say about Johnson?
Mayock said Johnson, essentially, is overrated because he has a tendency to have problems shedding blockers and such. He said as long as hes free to run and make plays relatively unimpeded hes great but he gets caught up too easily.

Also, I too have doubts about Benson. People look at his production in terms of overall yards but when you look at his APC each year its not so stellar. Texas, against most schools is a mismatch talent wise and yet he still doesnt have a very good APC for an upper-echelon RB...and it basically boils down to speed. He doesnt have enough long runs to stretch his APC, like you alluded to. In the pros a lack of speed becomse more pronounced. He has great durability and might do well on a team with a good Oline but Fason looks like a better prospect than Benson. Maybe Im leaning too heavily on the APC thing but I think its telling.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Mayock said Johnson, essentially, is overrated because he has a tendency to have problems shedding blockers and such. He said as long as hes free to run and make plays relatively unimpeded hes great but he gets caught up too easily.

Also, I too have doubts about Benson. People look at his production in terms of overall yards but when you look at his APC each year its not so stellar. Texas, against most schools is a mismatch talent wise and yet he still doesnt have a very good APC for an upper-echelon RB...and it basically boils down to speed. He doesnt have enough long runs to stretch his APC, like you alluded to. In the pros a lack of speed becomse more pronounced. He has great durability and might do well on a team with a good Oline but Fason looks like a better prospect than Benson. Maybe Im leaning too heavily on the APC thing but I think its telling.
I could see that with Johnson. I think on the right team, where he would be allowed to run and roam he'd be a nice fit. But he's definitely not a plugger. I would agree with that.

Thing is with Benson, if he was a real bruiser, I think he'd be able to get away with lack of speed, but he's not. Like I said he's a tweener, and I am just not convinced he translates in to a big time NFL back. I pretty much agree with what you are saying from a numbers standpoint also.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

Benson < Chris Perry. And I don't think the Bengals are all that enamored with Perry at this point, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #12
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under Center
Well the holiest of all holy days in the NFL off-season is quickly approaching. Of course I am talking about the NFL draft. The rumors, misinformation, and flat out lies are starting to fly.

Some random Pre-Draft Thoughts:

-I know everyone is...

View the Entire Article
What is so different from last year? Eli Manning is overrated and I did not see that "Franchise" player come out of last year's draft. Rodgers is every bit as good as Eli. Manning is riding the coat tails of his Dad and brother. How many times do you see two brother's as superstars? Ask Tommy Aaron or Ken
Brett...

I think Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams are every bit as good as any duo that's come out in the last 5 years. I appreciate your opinions but like mine that's all they are.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
What is so different from last year? Eli Manning is overrated and I did not see that "Franchise" player come out of last year's draft. Rodgers is every bit as good as Eli. Manning is riding the coat tails of his Dad and brother. How many times do you see two brother's as superstars? Ask Tommy Aaron or Ken
Brett...

I think Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams are every bit as good as any duo that's come out in the last 5 years. I appreciate your opinions but like mine that's all they are.
I couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »