Home

2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

This is a discussion on 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #33
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Add to that the fact that the 2k MLB series doesn't qualify as a sleeper.
And what do you get? 3rd place in the baseball wars and the exclusive license that does nothing but prevent MVP from repeating.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #34
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I get the feeling that the "Operation Sports Year End Awards" are a fading tradition. I mean, in 2003, not only did the posters vote, but there was so many different categories (most anticipated, thread of the year, mod of the year, etc), and even in 2004 posters were still allowed to vote, and it still had some categories that have since been cut (fighting game of the year, reviewer of the year, etc). Now, the '05 awards have been stripped. I guess the awards have strictly became in relation to the main site items and not so much the forums.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. It was just something I always looked foward to reading about, and seeing staff vs. poster choices, as well as the numerous categories that are no longer there, and it seems the synopsis' for the awards were also a lot shorter. Oh well.

But, I would like to applaud Clay for the write ups, as well as the intro and presentation of it all; very well done. Thanks for a great 2005 OS.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #35
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Maybe at the end of this year with permission we could have a internal forum awards. I understand why the awards have been stripped to the bare minimum (sp) and i'm not that upset about it because I know OS is trying to present itself as a major player in the sports videogame news market.

Still, one should be thankful for what we got.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #36
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Having separate awards for the forums is always an option if someone wants to facilitate it. Believe me when I say those things were not removed in an effort to short change the forums or in some way make the front page more important. To be perfectly honest, part of it was from the experience of the last two years trying to have forum-based award. No one voted for anything more than a month old which really doesn't capture the '...of the Year' part of things. And, to be honest, the campaigning by Posters looked downright silly. Not that one of the best parts of OS is that it is somewhat "silly", we just want to make sure that our "awards" are starting to be taken more seriously in the industry.

Make sense?

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 01-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #37
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Maybe at the end of this year with permission we could have a internal forum awards. I understand why the awards have been stripped to the bare minimum (sp) and i'm not that upset about it because I know OS is trying to present itself as a major player in the sports videogame news market.

Still, one should be thankful for what we got.
Yeah, it is possible that the posters could do something such as "internal forum awards", but it will now have to wait until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Having separate awards for the forums is always an option if someone wants to facilitate it. Believe me when I say those things were not removed in an effort to short change the forums or in some way make the front page more important. To be perfectly honest, part of it was from the experience of the last two years trying to have forum-based award. No one voted for anything more than a month old which really doesn't capture the '...of the Year' part of things. And, to be honest, the campaigning by Posters looked downright silly. Not that one of the best parts of OS is that it is somewhat "silly", we just want to make sure that our "awards" are starting to be taken more seriously in the industry.

Make sense?
Yes, I understand completely. I know the direction OS is trying to take and I agree with everything that is going on, (the changing of the Stevies, the removal of EE, etc.). But, just because I understand it and agree with it, doesn't mean I am not sad to see that part of OS leave. I along with many, many others loved voting on game awards as well as things that go on around the forums.

Don't take this as me not being appreciative of the forums, nor the work that was taken to collaborate everything for the Stevies. It is just a change that I and others will indefinately get used to.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #38
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Yes, I understand completely. I know the direction OS is trying to take and I agree with everything that is going on, (the changing of the Stevies, the removal of EE, etc.). But, just because I understand it and agree with it, doesn't mean I am not sad to see that part of OS leave. I along with many, many others loved voting on game awards as well as things that go on around the forums.

Don't take this as me not being appreciative of the forums, nor the work that was taken to collaborate everything for the Stevies. It is just a change that I and others will indefinately get used to.
So, why not have a vote now? You've all seen the categories. I'm sure Mr. Sullivan could be convinced to open up a sub-forum somewhere. Someone can just open a thread for each category and vote away. You can even add more specific forum ones or old categories that we have stopped using.

Someone just needs to take the reigns.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 01-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #39
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
So, why not have a vote now? You've all seen the categories. I'm sure Mr. Sullivan could be convinced to open up a sub-forum somewhere. Someone can just open a thread for each category and vote away. You can even add more specific forum ones or old categories that we have stopped using.

Someone just needs to take the reigns.
Ya, I guess...

But I think the luster of voting and what not may have warn off now that the staff awards are already out, ya know? It would of been different if they were both released around the same time... I don't know, maybe.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #40
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Hell, if a sub-forum was opened up, I probably have enough time to try and put together a good few polls, and I'd even do a write-up, which would be no-where near Clay's, but I'd try and do it, I got enough time I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »