Home

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #41
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber
If you are talking to people from 2k Games, you are probably having a whole lot more contact with them than I do, quite honestly. So, once again, your intent to either claim or assert that I am some kind of paid plant are false.
Never did, nor would I claim that you were a "paid plant". I have too much respect for the people at 2K Games to ever think they would condone or encourage your bahavior

Quote:
If you can't take the heat Clay, don't write the review and please don't threaten me, that's beneath contempt. I've made my point and offered the rationales. Attack those
I don't have to attack them, because your points are non-sensical.

- My opinion is fraudulent -
Not possible

- I give EA a Free Pass -
Not true and, more importantly, why would I?

- The game doesn't compare to last year -
It's not the same game. Last year was an MLB game... this year is an NCAA Game.

I have no problem with the so-called "heat" because it's non-existant. I wrote a damn fine review chock full of my opinions. If 95% of our readers disagree, it's their perogative. But, it doesn't make my review wrong, a lie, or any other rubbish that you're trying to spread.

Quote:
Have fun.............
I am

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
One last thing, I think you need to show me specifically where I said that you offered EA a "Free Pass". The way I read the thread, that's a comment attributed to Joeboo on page two -- I'll look forward to your response
Yes, I was the first person to use the "free pass" label. I used it in response to this quote:

Quote:
Quit apologizing for EA and start challenging them to offer more
This sounds to me like you believed Clay gave EA a "free pass" or cut them some slack because they are EA.

Quote:
9/10 suggests otherwise
This was in response to my "free pass" comment. Doesn't really sound like there was an issue with it then or that you disagreed with that comment.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #43
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
One last thing, I think you need to show me specifically where I said that you offered EA a "Free Pass". The way I read the thread, that's a comment attributed to Joeboo on page two -- I'll look forward to your response
How about here:
Quote:
Quit apologizing for EA
Or here:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I can also guarantee that Clay didn't give it a free pass because it was made by EA.
9/10 suggests otherwise
As far as "closing ranks" - yeah. People have worked too hard on this site to have it besmirched with allegations like that. If you want to disagree with the review, that'd be fine. Comments like attack the integrity of the site and it's reviewers are unwarranted and have been proven completely false.

Anytime you want to say "Yeah - that was out of line. I shouldn't have said that." you can go right ahead, and you'll find a whole different response to your "opinion". In the meantime, you're embarassing yourself and 2K Sports.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #44
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Never did, nor would I claim that you were a "paid plant". I have too much respect for the people at 2K Games to ever think they would condone or encourage your bahavior
So in your belief, the fine people at 2K Games are of the opinion that I shouldn't have an opinion?

Beyond that, I see we're back to the old game of misrepresentation, Clay. In order:
Quote:
I don't have to attack them, because your points are non-sensical.

- My opinion is fraudulent -
Not possible
The statement that I made is actually this:
Quote:
That you can argue that this game so exceeds MVP 2005 is fraudulent, reprehensibly so.
This is related directly to this conclusive comment in the review
Quote:
What did EA Sports and the development team at EA Canada achieve here?

They took an existing series that worked; did a 180 when they lost their MLB license - and produced a product with more features that was even better. Not only that, they were first to market in the baseball game race by weeks. As a sports gaming and baseball fan, I’m excited to think about what the team can do with a full year to prepare for next year. More teams. More stadiums. We’ll likely even see a deeper Dynasty mode like its gridiron counterpart. The sky is really the limit here.

They improvised. They adapted. They overcame.

Quote:
- I give EA a Free Pass -
Not true and, more importantly, why would I?
Agains attributing a comment from Joeboo to me. My point remains that I've compared EA product to EA product and have given my rationales for that. A counter opinion. Does it not seem apparent to you and the others trying to attack me here that the problem you guys seem to be having is the fact that I have a contrary opinion and have voiced it? Read the thread impartially and tell me what you think

Quote:
- The game doesn't compare to last year -
It's not the same game. Last year was an MLB game... this year is an NCAA Game.
Again, explained in a previous thread. You and I have different opinions as to how games should be considered and I've explained how I see that, so no need to do so again. I stand by my rationale for such. Like I said, if we want to consider all games independently in a vacuum, then aren't they all pretty much 10/10's?

Quote:
I have no problem with the so-called "heat" because it's non-existant. I wrote a damn fine review chock full of my opinions. If 95% of our readers disagree, it's their perogative. But, it doesn't make my review wrong, a lie, or any other rubbish that you're trying to spread.
I'm not actually spreading rubbish, Clay. I'm voicing an opinion. You voiced an opinion that took issue with your opinion and it's rationales. I voiced an opinion and you folks have tried to paint me with a scarlet letter. If you want me to accept that my viewpoint is non-sensical, rather than extracting snippets and trying to piece them together like a virtual kidnapper's collage letter, maybe show a little more latitude to actually discussing the issues and not the issuer

I disagree with the general tenor of your review and the logic of how you have tied your comments into an conclusive impression. That's my point. I've offered why it should be different. That's constructive criticism

Sorry you don't read it that way

Have fun.........

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

Last edited by KBomber; 02-10-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #45
Pro

KBomber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
In the meantime, you're embarassing yourself and 2K Sports.
I don't represent 2k Sports, cowboy. Quit trying to make that wooden duck fly to try and help out your argument. If you are interested in improving the site, consider the constructive criticism when you get it

Have fun............

What I think I think:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #46
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
I don't represent 2k Sports, cowboy. Quit trying to make that wooden duck fly to try and help out your argument. If you are interested in improving the site, consider the constructive criticism when you get it

Have fun............
I've never seen anyone get so riled up over a review before. My God.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #47
Pro

KBomber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I've never seen anyone get so riled up over a review before. My God.
I voiced an opinion on a review and you guys have given the thread life by attacking me on it, rather than the commentary. I've defended my opinion and my integrity

Re-read the thread

Have fun.........

What I think I think:
Old 02-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #48
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
I voiced an opinion on a review and you guys have given the thread life by attacking me on it, rather than the commentary. I've defended my opinion and my integrity

Re-read the thread

Have fun.........
I have, and you flipped out like someone robbed your house.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »