Home

New Poll: Which age bracket do you fall under?

This is a discussion on New Poll: Which age bracket do you fall under? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which age bracket do you fall under?
Under 17 740 10.20%
17-21 1,556 21.45%
22-29 2,372 32.70%
30's 1,979 27.28%
40's 460 6.34%
50 and over 147 2.03%
Voters: 7254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #89
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: New Poll: Which age bracket do you fall under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyB
Just turned 50.........

Also still playing Strat 0 Matic Board games from vintage years.

Started playing Sports Board Games when I was 10 (1966)....

When I was a kid I used to dream about a game where you could actually see it being played....more than rolling dice and reading a chart. God knows how much notebook paper I used for keeping stats...I never imagined that one day there would be video games.

I luv em...as much as you young guys do.........have to wear those glasses now...and the reflexes have slowed a bit...LOL !

Later,
Kenny

I feel ya bro its good to hear from some of you ole school vets and see that age is at times nothing but a number but an interesting fact here I find most humbling and somewhat nostalgic...there were only "49" states when a lot of us vet guys were born...yes its true only "49" states until 1959-60 if memory serves me correctly I guess we've all survived and come a long ways in our Football passion and love for the game and have pretty much seen it all at least I have from cards to computers we've pretty much seen it all and it still excits and amazes me to this day how far things have come and changed.

Its cool to be ole school IMO, been there and done that some things just don't change and get better with time...we're still here gentlemen and I for one of you am glad to be in good company with you wiley vets and up coming yungins', you guys are catching on so keep up the good work and carry on the tradition....TEN HUT...at ease gents as you were!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
Old 09-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 7

Turned 30 in March. From the results of the poll Im glad I dont have to give up sports gaming anytime soon.
Minnesota Wild
Old 11-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #91
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow, I'm surprised at the number of 40+ sports gamers! I'm 41 myself. Been playing sports games since the Atari 2600. I'm always looking for some "mature" Xbox live (360) gaming, My gamertag is tteagle. Please send me a FR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 9

Old 11-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #93
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

26 fellas. Good to see some you older guys still playing. I want to be just like ya.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #94
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

Interesting. Same number 40's guys as there are under 17. I'd have never guessed that.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #95
Rookie

homer73's Arena

OVR: 8

33 here! I remember playing super bowl sunday for the commodore 64 for the first time and just being amazed it kept the stats for the game...

Sean Singletary
"Not wonderment," he said when asked if he was surprising even himself with his hot hand in Virginia's 108-87 victory against Gonzaga on Wednesday night, when he scored a career-best 37 points. "I was just wondering why they didn't play more `D.
"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Wow, I'm surprised at the number of 40+ sports gamers! I'm 41 myself. Been playing sports games since the Atari 2600.
Pong anyone?

Terry, I'm 60, an avid baseball fan. My 64 year old friend of 30 years and I still meet to play MLB The Show. I'm retired now, but never have felt like I need to give up things that I enjoy. I remember when we were younger, in our 40s we would go to the local college baseball field, take about two dozen hardballs, pitch to each other and simulate a game. I don't drink, smoke, fool around on my wife, so, that alone I deserve a good video baseball game.

Having fun keeps you young. Ain't about to sit around and become an old guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »