Home

Text-Sims are Un-American?

This is a discussion on Text-Sims are Un-American? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #17
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Text-Sims are Un-American?

Anyone play fbb or dds? I think OS should make an NBA Sim League
Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #18
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Text-Sims are Un-American?

Maybe they're right, I'm Canadian and play OOTP to death.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
I've played OOTP since V2 and I've bought most of the text based sports games that came after it. I'm one of those that get easily bored with text games when trying to play solo but can't get enough of online play. The human interaction and competition are the things that keep me coming back to text base sims. Matching my ability to manage these sports franchises against other real people...there is nothing like that. Console games are usually about which player can push the most buttons in the least amount of time. They have a evolved a little bit over the years and I always buy them for my kids but it is a different part of the brain that gets stimulated when I face off against other people in text based online leagues. Madden actually had online leagues built into one of their PC versions a few years ago but I think that only lasted one version.

To anyone that isn't sure if they will like text based games I suggest just trying one and getting in an online league and see what you think then.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »