Home

Three Survival Keys for the Married Sports Gamer

This is a discussion on Three Survival Keys for the Married Sports Gamer within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Right on point man. I loved it.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Ha! Fantastic piece! I'm a 9-year veteran of the blessed institution myself, so this resonates. I was cagey enough at the outset to establish gaming as a non-negotiable activity, which helped a lot. However, keeping that agreement going takes lots of work. I too have found that framing it as "de-fragging" time works very well, as does being willing to carry on small-talk while playing. Kids need not be a deterrent--you just have to train them right. My daughter knows daddy games, and she just colors during that time :-).

Great piece, and well written.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I got married on May 15, 2008 and things really haven't changed. I suspect that if we ever decide to have kids things will change a lot, but for right now I still game alomst ever night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #12
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12
5 year marriage veteran...plus add in 2 daughters....Great advice....
I get my gaming in at 5:00am Mon-Friday before work...only time that works besides if they're all asleep...
Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Christian! Great article! I have been married for 1.5 yrs (plus a son and daughter) and have employed all of your 'Survival Keys'. I am glad someone has addressed the sports gamer obsession vs. real married life.

My gaming time has suffered tremendously. But I do have the opportunity every now and then. I rlly can't expect any major change here unless my son continues his infatuation with videogames! I hope so!

Again, great article!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14
perfect!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
totally agree with the article. i am always getting called to look at something like a dress or a help with something simple like cooking. it gets to be nerve racking but i get in bout 1-2 hours every day and all day Saturday and Sunday most times. no kids yet but i know my brother has that little deterent.
oh my goodness........ she always find something simple for me to do like tie my daughters shoes or take the trash out...... it could be anything just to interrupt my gaming but the worst part about it is that shes not doing anything when she ask lol.... thats soooo fustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #16
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
LOL, love the comments. But ya, it's ALWAYS something...

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »