Home

OS E3 Peter Moore Interview

This is a discussion on OS E3 Peter Moore Interview within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS E3 Peter Moore Interview

At E3 I had a chance to speak with the head of EA Sports, Peter Moore. While this interview may a bit after-the-fact at this point, in the interview below you can read about things like the new MMA game and Madden as a potential MMO.

-Interview conducted and compiled by Chase Becotte

Read More - OS E3 Peter Moore Interview
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 17
There is a cost-covering exercise that goes on, the development teams who are tasked with P and L [profit and loss] have to figure out. They can't continue to add features, and therefore millions of dollars in R and D [research and development] costs, without some revenue.

This guy is very well trained in the art of spinning a legit question into a canned response. I'm calling BS on that answer
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Good job slizzy.

I agree teebee - he's very good at spinning it so he doesn't say something like "yeah we are - so what?"

And I agree with what Sliz was getting at. Before DLC a cheat code would have been leaked that allowed you to max out your character. You would have had a cheat code available to unlock different courses.

In FIFA Ultimate Team there would have been codes to unlock players or free packs of cards.

Now you're basically paying for those cheat codes - and buying the same content twice.

I don't have a problem with legit DLC. FIFA Ultimate Team is a great example - you were spending a few dollars and getting a completely new game feature - something concrete that wasn't available before.

But you shouldn't be asked or have the option to spend money to unlock content already on the disc you bought.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Wow, great interview Chase.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Yeah, definitely not a bad interview at all. I wish we had video/audio of the part where you asked him the same thing three times. Peter is a cool cat though, and knows how to talk well. IMHO, he also knows how to grow a gaming business given EA's sales and critical successes the past few years. I agree improvement needs to be made on several titles, but overall the trend has been a general uptick for the company. We'll see where the next year or two end up as I think NCAA/Madden/Live are absolutely huge this year for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: OS E3 Peter Moore Interview

Yup I agree Chris. I think he also has to be at least partially responsible for this movement toward getting play on the field where it needs to be first.

That was always EA's biggest problem before Moore arrived - too much focus on what they could market and put on the back of the box and not enough focus on the most important element of sports games.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 17
Yes, agreed Bly, it's frightening that the last few EA games i've purchased have been quality products, shocking almost

Next thing you're gonna tell me is NBA Live is the 2010 game of the year
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

Let's....not...go....too...far

Although Live 2010 could challenge as the top basketball game. IMHO, even saying that it's possible is shocking enough considering how bad Live was just 3 years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »