Home

The Top Five Teams to Start a Franchise With in Sports Gaming

This is a discussion on The Top Five Teams to Start a Franchise With in Sports Gaming within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Good article, the only thing I didn't like was that it was focused mostly on good teams. I personally prefer to use a awful team and try to manage them to victory. Maybe another article based on that would be a good idea?

Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #26
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
i dont do NHL or FIFA, but i couldnt agree more with the other 3 sports teams
in franchise, packers get real good real quick, and stay that way for years, rodgers, finley, raji, matthews, dominate at their positions
you cant go wrong with the heat in NBA2K, yeah theyre cap-strapped, but it doesnt matter, as long as the big three are healthy, the chemistry they develop over time in assoc.mode, makes them a 7 year nba finals contender, no matter who you sign off d-league or cheap, old FA's
i havent played the show in a while, but when i did, i couldnt go wrong with my young Rays
their pitching becomes the best in MLB after 2 years
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Top Five Teams to Start a Franchise With in Sports Gaming

I couldn't agree more with your choice for the Packers as a great team to start a franchise with. I also think the Eagles would be a great choice. They've got some fantastic young receivers in Jackson & Maclin, a solid running game with McCoy, and a young defense with loads of potential. Then there's Michael Vick, and although he would probably retire in a few years time (in-game), it's still going to give the user a couple of years to use Vick and have some great enjoyment with it.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11
I personally don't see the fun in starting a franchise with cheeser's teams like the Heat or Barcelona. It's a lot more interesting to build up bad teams, IMO. To each his own, I guess.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
Pick any team in Football Manager and run a franchise. That's where you'll grow a set.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9
Not nessacarily the best teams but most fun teams to play with, don't have NBA or FIFA so...

NHL - Minnesota Wild or Tampa Bay Lightning. I was thinking Chicago and Washington but they're already really good and I like building teams and setting my personal touch on them. Minnesota has a great goalie and defense which makes for some interesting, low scoring games. The Lightning have Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier and lots of cap space.

NFL - The only non-sim franchises I ever do are with the Lions, a great pick with all of their studs on offense and it's almost as fun to play defense with Delmas and Suh. What I really like though is picking a team with a glaring hole at QB (like the Bills, for example) and maybe not do very good my first season but draft a franchise QB and watch him grow into a star and a franchise player and say "I picked that guy." It may not be very fun the first season or two though.

MLB - I really like picking bad teams because it's a lot of fun to build them up in The Show but teams like Pittsburgh are almost impossible. I like rolling with the Orioles (guys like Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Roberts, Matusz), Athletics (great farm system and pitching but pretty much no offense if that's your thing), Marlins (Hanley, Uggla, Stanton, Morrison, Johnson, Dominguez, ect.) or Nationals (Strasburg, both Zimmermans, Dunn, Storen, that young catcher with A potential . . . plus they get the No. 1 pick in 2010 draft)
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 9
Plus the Nats have the coolest stadium other than the Astros IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #32
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

OVR: 33
the portland trailblazers would have been a good pick...but with brandon roy's injury in real-life that's pretty much a stab to the heart

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »