Home

Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

This is a discussion on Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
I'm saddened to say that I'm not looking forward to any sports offerings in 12. With the exception of CH2k8, APF2k8, and NBA2k11 I haven't played any sports game that has held my attention for an extended period of time. (I would like to note, i am a 360 owner and have never played The Show)

I bought skyrim this past year and its my first Elder Scrolls game and I have every bit of confidence that I will still be playing this game well into the second half of 2012...I honestly dont think I will buy another sports game for this generation of consoles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Madden/NCAA Football 13.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 12 has me back to enjoying the Madden series again....so I'm most looking forward to Madden 13

Not thrilled about NCAA 13 or NBA Live/Elite 13
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I don't have high hopes for EA's football games this year. I hope I'm wrong. I've just had enough of the way the players move which is weak. Very little player weight and momentum. This series needs a real time physics engine along with new commentary. Still so many things wrong that I don't know if I'll be buying either football game this year. In general sports games are no longer worthy of annual purchases from me. They have to earn my money from now on.

I'm looking forward to the baseball games. Still haven't made my mind up between the Show 12 or MLB 2K12. The Show will be more polished and have a lot of good things but it's hard to ignore my love for 2Ks analog pitching, commentary and overall fun factor. I didn't like the direction of 2K11s hitting system last year - too rigid and MVP like (HAVE to go the opposite way on every pitch over the outer half). The demos will be important for me. My personal pet peeve with the Show's pitch speed may be fixed so I'm leaning that way, especially after all the bugs and issues 2K has.

I've gotten back into basketball so I'm curious as to what EA will bring to the table. I just wish they would say they continued the Live series. A reboot, even with a two year hiatus, doesn't sound good to me. I just don't like the control system for 2K basketball. Maybe I just need to learn it but the shot stick needs to be replaced by Live's r-stick moves. It's more natural.

The Last of Us may be a good non sports game at the end of the year but I don't really see any non sports games out there that I will be crazy about. That can change in a hurry though.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
Rookie

triviator's Arena

OVR: 4
2012...I'm looking forward to any chance in Hades that 2K announces another football game!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am looking forward to getting a baseball game this year. That will be my first purchase. I have not bought one since MVP Baseball 05. I am not overly impressed by either one. I have played both. I am looking forward to playing demos and getting all the info I can before making a decision. Next, I am looking forward to UFC to see if it is a game that helps me rid myself of occasional anger. Then, I am looking forward to Live or Elite coming back even though I am a 2K guy because it is good to have something to compare to. I think this will cool some of of the over the top complaints. Lastly, I am looking forward to 2K not renewing the MLB exclusive and to MLB saying they don't want any exclusive just like the NBA. Thus, leaving EA and Madden/NCAA football out in the open as the only ones hogging up lanes with a lackluster product. Maybe that will pressure them into doing the right thing for customers when the next exclusive is up.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm looking forward to NBA2K13 hopefully it was as good and better than 2k11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

I am really looking forward to:

Aliens Colonial Marines - I love the Alien legacy and loved the Alien Trilogy shooter on PS one. I have not played any other Aliens game since that release. I love what I have seen and am really pumped for the online 4 player co-op squad based xenomorph action.

Madden 13 - I really am enjoying Madden 12 despite the awful play by play and color commentary. If they can build upon franchise mode and keep adding in HC09 features and finally get dynamic play by play and commentary ala 2K B-Ball then we have a big winner in my book.

XCOM - I just received my copy of the latest Game Informer and this game graced the cover and I love what I read and saw. It looks like a massive turn based Sci-Fi feast.

I do not plan on puchasing NCAA 13 NBA 2K13 or MLB The Show 12. I love my NCAA 12, NBA 2K11 and MLB The Show 11 just fine. I would say the only game of those three that has a shot much later in the year (talking 4th quarter) is The Show 12 if the improvements in ball physics and the overhaul in play by play and color are that dramatic and that pulse pitching changes the game even more as I am a classic pitching/timed hitting guy all he way.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »