Home

A Time for Honest Dialogue: A New Generation with New Expectations

This is a discussion on A Time for Honest Dialogue: A New Generation with New Expectations within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
A Time for Honest Dialogue: A New Generation with New Expectations

With next-gen games coming, it's time for actual dialogue to create realistic expectations.

With next-gen games coming, it's time for actual dialogue to create realistic expectations.

A new generation of gaming is upon us, and a new level of consumer expectations is sure to follow the arrival of next-gen consoles.

In the world of video games, today’s gamer is still willing to part with their disposable income early and often, but only if the title dictates it. Information about every title is readily available to all who are interested, and early impressions and reviews are there to be consumed at the click of a button. This is good news for the gamer, potentially bad news for developers and publishers.

Read More - A Time for Honest Dialogue: A New Generation with New Expectations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
I'm very optimistic, I'd like to see the developers of backbreaker create a full line of sports games for PS3 just to add a new flavor. This generation is going to be more about living worlds and not sports unfortunately. Outside of my sports I may grab watch dogs and Destiny.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33
I agree, expectations have been raised, by both, console makers and game developers, specially for this next gen era.

I am not expecting bugless nor fully tested games at all, however, I am certainly expecting fully developed games and more constant, rapid and substantial responses from the console makers and game developers to issues with their products. In that sense, my expectations are through the roof.

Having said that, I wont longer accept any well known and massive system failures such as RROD or YLOD and their disgusting subsecuent approach (specialy outside of USA). The same applies for games, I wont tolerate any games that due to their poor/archaic online structure or servers, I cant play online without doing some kind of adaptation on my end, I wont accept bugs nor glitches to not be fixed within the games lifeframe (yearly, every two years, one time only, etc).

I am also expecting all consoles and games to deliver each and everyone of their propposed features within their life span.

Now, there are some vague things that one side promises but is on the other side, were making it happen falls, on those conditions, only time can provide an answer but once it does, it will be as clear as water: either a console failing to provide what aimed (due to no games ever delivering) or game developers not being apt enough to provide what they promised or doing what the competition (even if indirect) does ... and then, I will act upon.

Did the past generation failed to meet my expectations ? They partially met it, but the sour taste that the few issues left on me, was big enough to make me be more decissive and less permissible. Given how on these still susceptible economy and uncertain times, I am doing such big of an investment on videogaming, I wont be so passive this time around.

That videogaming is my preferred hobby wont ever give a free pass (again); the more than a few months I have pass without a console or without playing a game due to them getting damaged (solely due to their doings) or servers out of function, have hardened my heart and cleared my mind, I will definitively provide a drastic response. I will make my investment be worth at all cost or get a total refund plus some more for the side damages (will go legal action or will no longer engrosse the faulted company pockets, depending on each case).

Anyways, dispense my rant and here is to hope for a more customer friendly next generation approach.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I agree, expectations have been raised, by both, console makers and game developers, specially for this next gen era.

I am not expecting bugless nor fully tested games at all, however, I am certainly expecting fully developed games and more constant, rapid and substantial responses from the console makers and game developers to issues with their products. In that sense, my expectations are through the roof.

Having said that, I wont longer accept any well known and massive system failures such as RROD or YLOD and their disgusting subsecuent approach (specialy outside of USA). The same applies for games, I wont tolerate any games that due to their poor/archaic online structure or servers, I cant play online without doing some kind of adaptation on my end, I wont accept bugs nor glitches to not be fixed within the games lifeframe (yearly, every two years, one time only, etc).

I am also expecting all consoles and games to deliver each and everyone of their propposed features within their life span.

Now, there are some vague things that one side promises but is on the other side, were making it happen falls, on those conditions, only time can provide an answer but once it does, it will be as clear as water: either a console failing to provide what aimed (due to no games ever delivering) or game developers not being apt enough to provide what they promised or doing what the competition (even if indirect) does ... and then, I will act upon.

Did the past generation failed to meet my expectations ? They partially met it, but the sour taste that the few issues left on me, was big enough to make me be more decissive and less permissible. Given how on these still susceptible economy and uncertain times, I am doing such big of an investment on videogaming, I wont be so passive this time around.

That videogaming is my preferred hobby wont ever give a free pass (again); the more than a few months I have pass without a console or without playing a game due to them getting damaged (solely due to their doings) or servers out of function, have hardened my heart and cleared my mind, I will definitively provide a drastic response. I will make my investment be worth at all cost or get a total refund plus some more for the side damages (will go legal action or will no longer engrosse the faulted company pockets, depending on each case).

Anyways, dispense my rant and here is to hope for a more customer friendly next generation approach.
I Salute you. This is what it's come too. I'm a old head in terms of gaming which means my hard earned money is spent on these games. Like he mentioned, I've had a moment of clarity as well with hortisgames, and lackluster attempts to push the envelope by EA whom I felt on for games, gave me time to think how important are these games.

I feel bad for the kids really. Just like in music they have nothing but stories to grasp what we had. I mean who remembers Bill Walsh Football rosters on index cards. Get was hot. Teddy Bruscie and Arizona being number 1 and on the front of SI then play with the. On the game. Maybe it's time to go back.

With no sponsors, replace Florida St. With Tallahassee again. And so on. These limits are holding the games back. We grew up with Gameshark, so let the hackers live. Just separate the crowds. I live this forum for opening my eyes to what can really be done as a collective effort by the community. I use to buy the sporting news and Athlon magazines to name my rosters. It's time they expound on what madden has started with file sharing. TDawg, Ballinvol and Myk13 to name a few have done some nice things with ncaa rosters and settings, this exploit proves the devs should unleash the tuning to the community if they wa t to tweek it.

All in all when cats like Geohot exposed the kink in Sony's security it raised awareness for safety, so a common valence has to be made between the users, and the developers. We need to scale back some, and they need yo ramp up some.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Excellent article. Well thought out and articulated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
I have pretty low expectations for Madden 25 and FIFA 14, EA is rushing those games out just because they will sale no matter what. I expect those games to ports be of the current gen with upgraded graphics, presentation, sidelines, and crowds, but game-play will remain almost identical. Next year I expect Madden 15 and FIFA 15 to be much improved, but not this year.

As for NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 my expectation is high for those games this year. They are competing against each other and NBA Live has something to prove, those should be great games right off the back to kick off the next-gen.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7
If only the devs and other people associated with sports titles realized, that if you give us what we want, people will buy, and buy in droves. They seem to be so fearful of alienating the causal sports gamers by dismissing us, but if they pleased us we would spread the world and the causals would follow
Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
i believe all games put out for 360 will be the same game as is in xbox one and ps4 versions...

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »