Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: Next-Gen Launch

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: Next-Gen Launch within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Stories of 2013: Next-Gen Launch

It's been a long 7 years with our PlayStation 3s and Xbox 360s. But that all changed this November, as new consoles hit store shelves for the first time since 2005. The PlayStatoin 4 and Xbox One have arrived.

Considering how awful the launch of the Xbox 360 was for sports gamers, this season's console launch can be considered a huge success. With a strong initial release from nearly all sports games, including both NBA 2K14 and Madden 25, next-gen gamers won't feel like they're abandoning the old systems. Instead, with new and improved features, these consoles have set themselves up for a successful run.

Read More - Top Five Stories of 2013: Next-Gen Launch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This console launch was great. FIFA has been a blast (though the loss of unranked matches is a bit of a bummer), Madden is the best it's been in years in terms of actual visble improvements, and the only hiccup was the expect fall of a rushed NBA Live title. All said, my XBOne launch has been splendid. Can't wait for NHL next year.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
The NBA Live title that was reviewed upon launch is not the same game I play today especially after learning much more of the controls... I really enjoy the game even better than 2k, despite 2k looking sooooo much better. I feel 2k you need to have a degree in rocket science in order to learn the controls
Old 12-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
On 360, Madden was terrible. I was still using my PS2 to play it for Madden and NCAA 2006, and 07. What pulled me into the 360 was 2K6 and Fight Night. This time around with the new Madden and 2K, plus the Fifa I havent even looked at my 360. Plus with all the things that Xbox one can do I dont think video games will ever go backwards. Sort of like the I phone when it first came out. It had issues but phones could never go back after that.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Call of Duty Ghosts was an awful game for PS4 but games like Madden, 2k and Battlefield are amazing. Wish Josh and EA wouldn't have lied bout nothing being taken out of PS3 to PS4 version of Madden. Other than that really look forward to what these games will look like next yr. Game I'm most excited for is MLB The Show 14 alittle over 2 months away! Can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
On 360, Madden was terrible. I was still using my PS2 to play it for Madden and NCAA 2006, and 07. What pulled me into the 360 was 2K6 and Fight Night. This time around with the new Madden and 2K, plus the Fifa I havent even looked at my 360. Plus with all the things that Xbox one can do I dont think video games will ever go backwards. Sort of like the I phone when it first came out. It had issues but phones could never go back after that.
The madden next gen is just like the madden current gen with a few gameplay tweeks so if you like this madden then you will like the current gen as well you need to open up your spectrum a bit.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
The madden next gen is just like the madden current gen with a few gameplay tweeks so if you like this madden then you will like the current gen as well you need to open up your spectrum a bit.
Hmm, Idk one of my best friends who loves Madden says he cant stand the next gen Madden now. He cant run his old plays and it doesnt play anything like the one on 360. Again I wouldnt know first hand because I didnt play.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »