Home

Playstation VR Sports Titles at Launch

This is a discussion on Playstation VR Sports Titles at Launch within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Playstation VR Sports Titles at Launch

We’ve seen many technological “gimmicks” make their way into -- and out of -- the video game industry: 3D games, motion controls, playmats, the Kinect, etc. The sports genre, in particular, has had uneven success with these enhancements. For every good golf game that used a motion controller, there were three barely functioning fitness games.

The next addition on the horizon for PS4 owners is PlayStation VR, releasing on October 13. The success of this new platform, like any other, will be dependent on the quality of titles post-release. For sports fans, will there be enough offered to make PlayStation VR last once the novelty wears off?

Here’s a preview of some sports titles expected at launch...

Read More - Playstation VR Sports Titles at Launch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
drive club VR is all the rave of the vr community right now so I am sure that will deliver, especially in conjunction with my logitech g29 wheel. Riggs looks really cool for multuplayer gamers such as myself. Been holding off on the rift and might just go with PSVR instead even though i have a high end VR ready pc with a 1080. Hoping someone will put out a hotfix fpr PSVR compatibility on PC.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Playstation VR Sports Titles at Launch

Driveclub is about to be amazing
Old 09-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

I own a Vive VR HMD along with a high end PC running the i7 CPU, 16 GBs of RAM and the nVidia 1080 GPU. I picked this all up recently to get into VR sim racing on Project Cars as well as iRacing now that iRacing supports the Vive and it is an incredible experience. Even though the resolution of the first gen VR HMDs like the Vive and the Rift are not as good as high end monitors, the immersion factor kicks in where you actually feel like you are in the car when under the VR hood. Plus I have played a number of other VR games which themselves are pretty cool and pretty immersive.

But I am having a hard time thinking that these new Play Station VR consoles will be remotely as capable as the Vive or Rift VR experiences on a high end PC because the Play Station VR console simply won't have the same performance capabilities that a high end PC could have. Plus I can constantly upgrade my PC as newer more powerful GPUs hit the market. I could be wrong though, perhaps the Play Station VR consoles will be powerful enough and until one tries the new VR console one won't know what it's capable of doing.

With all that said, one really needs to experience one of the VR HMDs for themselves. Those of us who have a VR system now can try and describe our experiences until the cows come home. But you really need to try it for yourself.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I own a Vive VR HMD along with a high end PC running the i7 CPU, 16 GBs of RAM and the nVidia 1080 GPU. I picked this all up recently to get into VR sim racing on Project Cars as well as iRacing now that iRacing supports the Vive and it is an incredible experience. Even though the resolution of the first gen VR HMDs like the Vive and the Rift are not as good as high end monitors, the immersion factor kicks in where you actually feel like you are in the car when under the VR hood. Plus I have played a number of other VR games which themselves are pretty cool and pretty immersive.

But I am having a hard time thinking that these new Play Station VR consoles will be remotely as capable as the Vive or Rift VR experiences on a high end PC because the Play Station VR console simply won't have the same performance capabilities that a high end PC could have. Plus I can constantly upgrade my PC as newer more powerful GPUs hit the market. I could be wrong though, perhaps the Play Station VR consoles will be powerful enough and until one tries the new VR console one won't know what it's capable of doing.

With all that said, one really needs to experience one of the VR HMDs for themselves. Those of us who have a VR system now can try and describe our experiences until the cows come home. But you really need to try it for yourself.
I completely understand what your saying man and have been thinking the same way. I have maybe the same exact setup which I also bought a couple of months ago with VR in mind. I needed a bit of time after the computer build to buy a headset and now have the expendable cash. My problem is that PC VR user adoption rate is quickly slowing and the Playstation exclusives such as riggs and driveclub look very enticing. With the PS Pro about to drop the VR capabilities should be increased as well as their first party studios and the magic they make happen on inferior hardware. I mean the last of us remastered still looks better then 90% of the games out there using assets from the PS3 days. All the reports coming in also say that it is quite remarkable that the games look and feel as good as they do. Still not sure what to do. Don't want to waste the money on the PC build, but really interested in the PS exclusives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't know how the PS Pro will be with VR but if there are any indications from my VR demo experiences with our launch PS4's, they more than not do the services we hope to receive with VR. I had the opportunity to play with 3 separate titles and was immersed with the whole experience. The games were not "sports related", but I'm hoping someone does give us an opportunity within the top 5 major sporting events in the not so far future.

I also believe that the PS PRO is geared to help Sony with VR in competing with the other VR devices in delivering that different and new gaming experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »