Home

For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned

This is a discussion on For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #1193
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned

Finally starting on my wall. The Donald would be proud...
Old 05-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #1194
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

This is pretty much what my yard looks like now:

Add to that that I have lots of other weeds growing everywhere...it's a battle I can't win at this point. It has become a monster and it ain't getting better (until winter, God bless it, when everything is covered with snow). It's pretty much the same every year, so this time I'm calling one of those companies. It may be the first time ever that my yard will look on par with the neighbours'...(none of them doing it on their own, I may be the only one who's been trying to do it himself).

If we didn't have extreme winters here, I would consider covering all the front/back yard with artificial grass, but I'm not sure how long it will last with the weather conditions here. Anyone has experience with artificial grass and extreme cold weather?

Last edited by youvalss; 05-28-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:13 AM   #1195
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
This is pretty much what my yard looks like now:

Add to that that I have lots of other weeds growing everywhere...it's a battle I can't win at this point. It has become a monster and it ain't getting better (until winter, God bless it, when everything is covered with snow). It's pretty much the same every year, so this time I'm calling one of those companies. It may be the first time ever that my yard will look on par with the neighbours'...(none of them doing it on their own, I may be the only one who's been trying to do it himself).

If we didn't have extreme winters here, I would consider covering all the front/back yard with artificial grass, but I'm not sure how long it will last with the weather conditions here. Anyone has experience with artificial grass and extreme cold weather?
I don't know about the artificial grass but this year I hired a professional company to treat the lawn. I have been weeding/feeding my lawn for the past 5-6 years and doing it four times a year. The company came out and has done one treatment and my lawn has never looked better. I never had a massive amount of dandelions but there were quite a few popping up in some areas. Two days after the first treatment, those dandelions were all dead and I haven't seen a single one since. I pay $47/treatment with no contract. Definitely worth it to have it professionally treated and just cut the grass myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #1196
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
I don't know about the artificial grass but this year I hired a professional company to treat the lawn. I have been weeding/feeding my lawn for the past 5-6 years and doing it four times a year. The company came out and has done one treatment and my lawn has never looked better. I never had a massive amount of dandelions but there were quite a few popping up in some areas. Two days after the first treatment, those dandelions were all dead and I haven't seen a single one since. I pay $47/treatment with no contract. Definitely worth it to have it professionally treated and just cut the grass myself.
Do you water it as well? I've been debating hiring a professional to treat my lawn but wasn't sure if I would see the benefits without irrigation.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #1197
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Do you water it as well? I've been debating hiring a professional to treat my lawn but wasn't sure if I would see the benefits without irrigation.
I don't have an irrigation system but I just put out some sprinklers attached to hoses. The company let me know how much I need to water (how often and for how long).
Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #1198
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Question for anyone who has dealt with this. We purchased and installed a 20' above ground pool. A critical piece of the pool is the pump which requires power to run. Currently I have a 50' extension cord run to the pump assembly, which is pretty darn far from our house. What is the best route to supply power without having this darn extension cord? Its pretty annoying having to unplug and wind up everything when I need to cut grass or unplug to move out rain. I've considered burying pvc with an extension cord run through it but I'm unsure how that would survive.

Any ideas?
Old 06-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #1199
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

The best option would be to dig a trench and install a conduit. We have one in our yard but it was there when we bought the house so can't speak to how difficult it would be to do yourself.

http://www.familyhandyman.com/electr...cable/view-all
Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #1200
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Question for anyone who has dealt with this. We purchased and installed a 20' above ground pool. A critical piece of the pool is the pump which requires power to run. Currently I have a 50' extension cord run to the pump assembly, which is pretty darn far from our house. What is the best route to supply power without having this darn extension cord? Its pretty annoying having to unplug and wind up everything when I need to cut grass or unplug to move out rain. I've considered burying pvc with an extension cord run through it but I'm unsure how that would survive.

Any ideas?
PVC conduit 12" down with wire to a GFCI outlet with a weatherproof cover. Extension cords are not meant to run things long term.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »