Home

For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned

This is a discussion on For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #1201
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: For all of you guys who are homeowners or newly owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
The best option would be to dig a trench and install a conduit. We have one in our yard but it was there when we bought the house so can't speak to how difficult it would be to do yourself.

http://www.familyhandyman.com/electr...cable/view-all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
PVC conduit 12" down with wire to a GFCI outlet with a weatherproof cover. Extension cords are not meant to run things long term.
Yea I was afraid that's my only option. See my house was built in 1967 and the power consumption now is far more than the house was built to with stand. I'd need to do some major electrical upgrades before I'd consider going this route.

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #1202
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Question for anyone who has dealt with this. We purchased and installed a 20' above ground pool. A critical piece of the pool is the pump which requires power to run. Currently I have a 50' extension cord run to the pump assembly, which is pretty darn far from our house. What is the best route to supply power without having this darn extension cord? Its pretty annoying having to unplug and wind up everything when I need to cut grass or unplug to move out rain. I've considered burying pvc with an extension cord run through it but I'm unsure how that would survive.

Any ideas?
I had an electrician to run a wire under ground to my pool pump and install and outdoor outlet. It's on it's own breaker at the power box. My pool is an 18'X33' oval so I wanted it on it's own breaker.

Last edited by JMD; 06-11-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #1203
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I have a 60s era concrete in-ground pool. I swam in it last weekend and have been getting used to pool maintenance. Now that it's under control, I'm realizing I'll have to re-paint the interior wall of the whole thing, probably before opening next season.

Has anyone done this before? I'm cringing at the thought of searching online because I'm terrified at how much it might potentially cost!

I guy I did a few videos for and is much more well off than I am talked about 'resurfacing' his pool and that it cost him 17k .... I'm hoping 'resurfacing' has a different meaning and that 17k can be at LEAST divisible by 10x
Old 06-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #1204
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I hate dealing with local governments (or anything for that matter). We're trying to get a deck built and the permit is held up because they require a plat of the property.

Ok.

Get them a plat from the survey we had done last year. Apparently the way the lots are divided up there are actually 3 lot lines running through each - so each lot is really 3 lots.

The city wants us to have a plat redone and take the interior lot lines out which would cost us an additional $400.

Sweet.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #1205
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I hate dealing with local governments (or anything for that matter). We're trying to get a deck built and the permit is held up because they require a plat of the property.

Ok.

Get them a plat from the survey we had done last year. Apparently the way the lots are divided up there are actually 3 lot lines running through each - so each lot is really 3 lots.

The city wants us to have a plat redone and take the interior lot lines out which would cost us an additional $400.

Sweet.
Totally understand. I had a deck put in at my house a few years ago and getting the permit for it was a pain in the ***. It was going over an existing, ugly asphalt patio but they didn't want to give the permit. Luckily, the contractor found a permit for that patio from many years ago, and since it was improving an existing structure, they issued it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #1206
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

We decided to push it back a few months because we didn't really plan on dropping money on another survey, but we need to have it done before the permit deposit expires or else we lose that money, too.

Hopefully materials will be cheaper during the Winter.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #1207
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Wanting to get a pool in my backyard so I don't have to keep using my dad's. Would be nice to just walk into my own backyard pool, it's the only thing to make PHX Summers tolerable. I bought my house 2 years ago for $230K and it just got reappraised for $255k. Probably not enough equity yet in the house for a line of credit. Not sure what other avenues to get a pool though at this point? Strapped for cash as I'm saving to open a franchise early next year and my wife and I are buried in about $90k school debt.

Sent from my no one actually cares where I sent this from using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #1208
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Wanting to get a pool in my backyard so I don't have to keep using my dad's. Would be nice to just walk into my own backyard pool, it's the only thing to make PHX Summers tolerable. I bought my house 2 years ago for $230K and it just got reappraised for $255k. Probably not enough equity yet in the house for a line of credit. Not sure what other avenues to get a pool though at this point? Strapped for cash as I'm saving to open a franchise early next year and my wife and I are buried in about $90k school debt.

Sent from my no one actually cares where I sent this from using Tapatalk
No clue...you'd probably just need to talk to the pool people and see what loans they might offer. I'm sure they'd really want to try to get you a pool (like car salesman) so worth a shot....

I'm on the opposite....our pool has been ok, but we want to move in the next 5 years (saving now for down payments and whatnot)....we need more space, and instead of a pool we want a community pool that the HOA maintains....

We want low/no maintenance lawn/yards and no pool....just can end up being time working through issues (our pool is older), and the community pools tend to be nicer anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »