Home

Operation Sports Hall of Fame

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Hall of Fame within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #105
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Operation Sports Hall of Fame

(Makes way to podium)

Wow... please...

No... please... sit down... you guys....

Seriously... sit.

Ummm... Wow... These things are a lot heavier than I expected.

It's been a wild ride.

No!!! You guys!!! Please!!! Sit down!!!

If you'd have told that little fat man in his one bedroom apartment over a dozen years ago that some day we'd be here accepting this Hall of Fame award... I would have probably ate a pizza and pounded a 2 liter of Mountain Dew...

But right after that I would have never imagined where I'd be... or this place would be all these years later.

Where do I start????

Thank you's.... It obviously starts at the top...

To Steve... No one presses a T-Shirt like you, Stevie. We were just a lowly news guy and wanna be reviewer back then. You thought I was black... I had no idea you were (in your words) a half-Jap. I remember the early days when the entire forum was basically you and me talking about the Pistons.

To my personal OS Hall of Fame...

To Terry (TCrouch)... the other guy who was on these forums when no one else was. My personal OS Hall of Fame starts with Terry. Great writer. Awesome guy. Funny as hell. And, after showing the life-size rig he built for playing the PC NASCAR game, the first guy who made me think "well... maybe my sports gaming isn't THAT out of control."

To Shawn (sdrotar)... We tried to be professional around here in the early days, but we didn't make any hay until Shawn came in and made our mediocre writing look...well... as good as could be expected from the source. Shawn was (and is) the most talented guy to ever edit my work. Plus, he told me once that my random capitalization made me "Hunter S. Thompson-like without all the talent".

To Mark (Fossen)... First guy who tried to get a saddle on the wild, wild west that were the forums when they first blew up. Mark gave a ton of hours to this place (as so many Mods and Admins after him have).

For me... the Hall of Fame starts with those 4...

That being said... I'm not giving the jacket back....

Rapid fire...

To Brent (doughty)... your meltdown was legendary.

To "The Madden Mania" beef... guess we won.

To Acid's Sister... you know what I'm talking about...

To BKrich... thanks for the spoon in L.A. and introducing me to the term "growler".

To Eddie, Aaron and the rest of the OS7... that E3 Trip was a blast.

To the kid who started the "How Do I Tell Me Girlfried?" thread.... THANK YOU for setting me up for perhaps my greatest moment in OS Forum history...

To the Old School "Pubbers"... Heel, Injun, Nivek, MGo... the list goes on and on... You know who you are.

And finally.... to all of you...

If you don't count a weird Saturday Night Live BBS Club on Prodigy... Operation Sports was my first HOME on the internet. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I logged in this place. And, even though the 40 (almost 41) year old guy that I am today doesn't spend much time here... this place helped to shape me. If in no other way than it helped me balloon to 428 pounds... 226 of which I would lose and turn into my new personal brand "Remodeling Clay".

Thank you all! I'm not a Nazi! I'm not a EA apologist! I'm not a 2K apologist! I'm not any of the many, many things I've been accused of here.... except thankful.

Oh geez... I promised myself I wouldn't cry....

In all sincerity... it's super cool to even be mentioned in this thread. I keep threatening Steve about coming back, but I just get busy. I love OS. It took me some time away to appreciate it.

Thanks, Guys!!!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #106
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaver
(Makes way to podium)

Wow... please...

No... please... sit down... you guys....

Seriously... sit.

Ummm... Wow... These things are a lot heavier than I expected.

It's been a wild ride.

No!!! You guys!!! Please!!! Sit down!!!

If you'd have told that little fat man in his one bedroom apartment over a dozen years ago that some day we'd be here accepting this Hall of Fame award... I would have probably ate a pizza and pounded a 2 liter of Mountain Dew...

But right after that I would have never imagined where I'd be... or this place would be all these years later.

Where do I start????

Thank you's.... It obviously starts at the top...

To Steve... No one presses a T-Shirt like you, Stevie. We were just a lowly news guy and wanna be reviewer back then. You thought I was black... I had no idea you were (in your words) a half-Jap. I remember the early days when the entire forum was basically you and me talking about the Pistons.

To my personal OS Hall of Fame...

To Terry (TCrouch)... the other guy who was on these forums when no one else was. My personal OS Hall of Fame starts with Terry. Great writer. Awesome guy. Funny as hell. And, after showing the life-size rig he built for playing the PC NASCAR game, the first guy who made me think "well... maybe my sports gaming isn't THAT out of control."

To Shawn (sdrotar)... We tried to be professional around here in the early days, but we didn't make any hay until Shawn came in and made our mediocre writing look...well... as good as could be expected from the source. Shawn was (and is) the most talented guy to ever edit my work. Plus, he told me once that my random capitalization made me "Hunter S. Thompson-like without all the talent".

To Mark (Fossen)... First guy who tried to get a saddle on the wild, wild west that were the forums when they first blew up. Mark gave a ton of hours to this place (as so many Mods and Admins after him have).

For me... the Hall of Fame starts with those 4...

That being said... I'm not giving the jacket back....

Rapid fire...

To Brent (doughty)... your meltdown was legendary.

To "The Madden Mania" beef... guess we won.

To Acid's Sister... you know what I'm talking about...

To BKrich... thanks for the spoon in L.A. and introducing me to the term "growler".

To Eddie, Aaron and the rest of the OS7... that E3 Trip was a blast.

To the kid who started the "How Do I Tell Me Girlfried?" thread.... THANK YOU for setting me up for perhaps my greatest moment in OS Forum history...

To the Old School "Pubbers"... Heel, Injun, Nivek, MGo... the list goes on and on... You know who you are.

And finally.... to all of you...

If you don't count a weird Saturday Night Live BBS Club on Prodigy... Operation Sports was my first HOME on the internet. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I logged in this place. And, even though the 40 (almost 41) year old guy that I am today doesn't spend much time here... this place helped to shape me. If in no other way than it helped me balloon to 428 pounds... 226 of which I would lose and turn into my new personal brand "Remodeling Clay".

Thank you all! I'm not a Nazi! I'm not a EA apologist! I'm not a 2K apologist! I'm not any of the many, many things I've been accused of here.... except thankful.

Oh geez... I promised myself I wouldn't cry....

In all sincerity... it's super cool to even be mentioned in this thread. I keep threatening Steve about coming back, but I just get busy. I love OS. It took me some time away to appreciate it.

Thanks, Guys!!!

Life gets busy, it's crazy to think about how everyone's grown up over the years...

I think I'll always come here, just my priorities will change over the years.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Meh, to me he was a contrarian who argued for the sake of arguing.

I'd bring back The C and dkgojackets before anyone else.
dkgojackets and Cebby were pretty similar posters.

Both of their MOs were to snarkily troll people they disagreed with: Cebby to the homers in the CFB forum and dkgojackets to the non-sabermetric people in the MLB forum.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #108
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm locking this thread immediately. It took Clay and like 10 pages of people getting nominated before my name was mentioned!? I was here when there were like 100 people. F all of yall. I dont need your damn hall of fame.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #109
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm locking this thread immediately. It took Clay and like 10 pages of people getting nominated before my name was mentioned!? I was here when there were like 100 people. F all of yall. I dont need your damn hall of fame.
I'm only at 3 pages.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Operation Sports Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Disappointed the thread has over 100 replies and not a single poster has posted with hurt feelings.

I'm hurt. Early Hookups don't count for shizznick?? Ungrateful SOB's.

If nothing else I'm a Legend in my own mind. I'm in the HOF in my home. My kids nominated me

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 01-27-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm nominating myself for a lifetime ban:

... I don't know who Clay is , I don't even deserve to be in this thread

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #112
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I'm nominating myself for a lifetime ban:
I'm sure Steve could arrange that. It'll save us the trouble of having to submit ballots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »