something

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Or turn back to gold currency.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Back to the barter system. Hopefully my credit card company accepts oxen, parched corn and a keg of vinegar as payment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #402
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Back to the barter system. Hopefully my credit card company accepts oxen, parched corn and a keg of vinegar as payment.
yum, parched corn & vinegar. I'm like Pavlov's dog just thinking about. but I'll pass on that tough *** ox meat. got any chickens instead? I have 3 pieces of peppermint fully intact with lint, a ball of yarn and some rusted tin cans. I'm sure any good MacGyver worth his salt can make something useful of these goodies. oh yeah, got any salt, too?

talkin' 'bout things that nobody cares
wearing other things nobody wears
Old 07-19-2020, 10:10 PM   #403
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I recently learned this is called a "grawlix."

By the way, that Pitch Perfect video? Now at 220k views. I'm going to be letting a lot of new female subscribers down with my future content, haha.
Nine days later...

Even though I can't monetize off this video, at least I'm now eligible for monetization haha. Thanks, YouTube recommendation algorithm!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-19-2020, 10:34 PM   #404
something

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
yum, parched corn & vinegar. I'm like Pavlov's dog just thinking about. but I'll pass on that tough *** ox meat. got any chickens instead? I have 3 pieces of peppermint fully intact with lint, a ball of yarn and some rusted tin cans. I'm sure any good MacGyver worth his salt can make something useful of these goodies. oh yeah, got any salt, too?
A combination of MacGuyver and Little House on The Prairie. Wait ... get NBC on the phone.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #405

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Today's the first time ever a bird ever got inside my house.

Somehow it got into the fireplace(which was supposed to be double locked). Took a while of figuring out what was in there to begin with. Could've been a rat or squirrel.

Got a giant garbage bag, covered the door to the fireplace, opened the door, and it flew in the bag before I sprinted to the nearest door and let it free outside. Next thing I know, I turn around to the door which I left open and...ANOTHER bird flew out of the house too! So there were actually 2 birds in there. Have no idea how 1 or 2 managed to get in when the chimney is locked off and inside has an extra latch to seal it off from a second spot.

I'm glad it's safe and managed to get out somewhat easily (and the second one went straight from the fireplace to the open door, which wasn't even on the same floor as the fireplace). I was expecting to find something died in there, or an angry bird.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-20-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #406
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Today's the first time ever a bird ever got inside my house.

Somehow it got into the fireplace(which was supposed to be double locked). Took a while of figuring out what was in there to begin with. Could've been a rat or squirrel.

Got a giant garbage bag, covered the door to the fireplace, opened the door, and it flew in the bag before I sprinted to the nearest door and let it free outside. Next thing I know, I turn around to the door which I left open and...ANOTHER bird flew out of the house too! So there were actually 2 birds in there. Have no idea how 1 or 2 managed to get in when the chimney is locked off and inside has an extra latch to seal it off from a second spot.

I'm glad it's safe and managed to get out somewhat easily (and the second one went straight from the fireplace to the open door, which wasn't even on the same floor as the fireplace). I was expecting to find something died in there, or an angry bird.
Wow. Unbelievable! Luckily they both flew out of the house right away (well, the 1st one it sounds like you had to "assist" outside), otherwise things could've gotten messy...
Old 07-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #407
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't know how to find the thread, and it might not exist anymore as it could have been a part of the old Everything Else forum, but there was an old thread somebody made once about how a raven flew into his house and was asking for suggestions on how to get it out.

One person suggested opening all the windows and doors in hopes that it would just fly away, and somebody responded to that by saying: "Or three more will fly in."
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #408

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Wow. Unbelievable! Luckily they both flew out of the house right away (well, the 1st one it sounds like you had to "assist" outside), otherwise things could've gotten messy...
They both might've flown outside by themselves, it's why I had the outside door ready just in case.

Oddly enough, these are the same kind of birds which live around my house(in trees/shrubs around the yard) and are the ones I occasionally feed (moreso in the winter months) and chase cats away from on the rare instances there's a cat wandering the yard.

Glad it wasn't a bigger bird or ones which attack people(I have those around here too), that would've been worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
One person suggested opening all the windows and doors in hopes that it would just fly away, and somebody responded to that by saying: "Or three more will fly in."
A raven or any bigger bird would be terrifying.

Although most houses do/should have screen windows so that would've been harder to get a bird out since you'd have to pop open the screen on the windows, and also hope nothing comes inside.

Birds fly towards light, so if you want to get it out, most of house should be as dark as you can make it and have the window/door be the brightest area it sees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »