Home

RIVALS 2027-2028 DISCUSSION

This is a discussion on RIVALS 2027-2028 DISCUSSION within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0

***** COACHES

•All new jobs are 2 years minimum

•Create a coach, make the Alma Mater a school you want... PLAYBOOKS must be the school you choose or a Generic PB, cannot change throughout the season

•New members at any point have to start in the American conference

• Postseason: Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

****** RECRUITING

- Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited
- Any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited
- No Athletes
- Only true freshman can be redshirted

***** GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

- MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. play calling should be more like the NFL than NCAA, dont be repetitious

- MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. even if you run or pass 50 times a game just mix up the plays.. EX if you want to play it safe and only run up the middle or throw short passes there should still be diversity in the play calls

***** BANNED ON OFFENSE

- shotgun flex runs, if your pb has alot of shotgun flex formations switch it
- no read option style offense
- 5 wide
- 4verts
- user catches
- oline shifts

***** BANNED ON DEFENSE

- run commit
- 1-5-5
- user catches

***** PRESNAP OFFENSE

- ONLY ONE presnap adjustment can be made on offense regardless of what it is (audible, flipped play, hot route, etc.)
- ONLY ONE presnap adjustment for No huddle
- ONLY EXCEPTION is adding ONE blocker with a hot route

***** PRESNAP DEFENSE

- only MANUALLY move 1 player presnap
- can not walk up past linebacker level

***** 4TH DOWN RULE (NO EXCEPTIONS)

a) 4th and 1 past the 50
b) 4th and whatever if you're down in the 4th quarter (in user games you can go for it if youre up in the 4th quarter past the 50)

***** QB RUNNING

- QBs can only have 5 carries not including sacks (6 carries is a suspension, minimum 3 games)
- QB runs between the tackles are fine whenever, you CANNOT sprint to the sideline and throw
- IF YOU CALL A DESIGNED ROLLOUT OR ANY PLAY-ACTION YOU CAN LEAVE THE POCKET TO THROW OR RUN (only time you're allowed to do so)

***** SPECIAL TEAMS

- NO KICK RETURNS FROM THE ENDZONE

•DO NOT adjust the ingame coaching strategies (aggressive, balanced, conservative) unless its chew clock late in the game

***** ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every 3 days as long as the league is small. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

***** THREAD

•Game write ups are not necessary at all but AT LEAST putting RTA and the score
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #2
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

WEEK 1

Welcome to another year of Rivals Football.

Last year was the year of upsets. We saw a new #1 almost every week and it never came from a better team. The unclear #1 and #2 made for the most controversial BCS Championship selection in the history of Rivals as Ohio State jumped from #6 to #2 after beating Nebraska and TCU jumped to #1 after not playing in the Big 12 Championship. Ohio State went on to win the Championship as JP adds his name to the history books. Miami came as the defending champs and after losing their star QB early in the year the team never really recovered. Texas was a team that lost a couple but played at a high level but was the top rated team snubbed for a championship appearance. Nebraska's SR QB Blake Bain won the Heisman after going 12-0 in the regular season but could not get his team that last win over Ohio State to go to the Championship.

This year Texas comes in at #1 and looking at their schedule they will favored every week. This team is still loaded and their struggles the past few seasons have come in U5 matchups but this year they will face 2 extremely inferior opponents so anything less than a championship appearance will be a complete failure. Yates has been the leading passer for 2 seasons straight and could have a record breaking season this year. Ohio State continues to build the level of talent on their team so they should be better this year as well. JP's ability to coach has had them play better than their talent year after year and if they can get past #9 OU and #6 Miami they could be back in the Championship again. USC comes in at #2 but the Pac 12 is hands down the toughest conference this year and with Stanford and UCLA also in the top 7 theres no telling if any of the 3 make it out. Should be an exciting year all around especially for the U5 as every coach is eager to erase last years blemishes.

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****

Texas is numero uno in the land and they will have their toughest game of the year right out of the gates. Texas hasn't been too consistent in big OOC games but I think this year they take care of business. They return their backfield which includes Yates at QB for his 3rd year in a row who has already thrown for over 8,000 yards in his career, and Smith at RB who has finished in the Heisman race every season since he arrived on campus. Texas has really been on another level and honestly with a win or loss they will still be favored to play in the Natty this year, which will take alot of the pressure off of them. Alabama has a very strong team this year as well with what may be the deepest WR core in the country. They have the talent to keep up with the Longhorns offense but thats never an easy task. Defensively I think they will put Texas in alot of passing situations on 3rd downs because of their run defense. Overall I expect a competitive game but I think the Longhorns will do what they've done the past 3 years and show up with enough points to crash the party in Tuscaloosa.

***** GAMES TO WATCH *****
#10 Auburn @ #3 Ohio State
- The Buckeyes are favored at home in the opener but I think this one could be tricky just because its a season opener. Both teams will have a feeling out period that includes seeing who will be their stars THIS year but I think the first team to grab the momentum will ultimately win.

#6 Miami @ #12 Florida
- Miami was pathetic last year but they fully expect Dawson and this backfield to turn it around. This is a rivalry game so I expect both teams to come out swinging. The key will be turnovers, Miami cant bounce back in this environment if they dont protect the ball.

Last edited by JEJunior; 06-07-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Re: RIVALS 2027-2028 DISCUSSION

NEXT ADVANCE
SATURDAY
Old 06-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

New Year, New Team, Game 1 in the Bag.

Gameplan was to see if our backs could lead the way and they did. Too much talent, they're going to be a problem this year. We had a 6 point lead in the 3rd and expanded it then got another drive on the ground in the 4th to seal it. They scored again but we were able to run it out after that. Canes win a physical game against Florida for Seminole War Canoe.

MIA
QB Dawson 14/21 169yds 1td 1int
HB Sims 24-128yds 1td
HB Coleman 21-90yds 2td
LB Joyce 6tak 2tfl 1sack

UF
QB Young 11/12 143yds 1td 0int, 12-98yds 1td
HB Johnson 13-76yds 1td
FS Davis 14tak 2def
LB Williams 5tak 2tfl 1int

Old 06-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

jp18's Arena

What was the score, for some reason I can’t see any pictures posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

37-24

Old 06-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #7
Pro

I hate rainy games.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

Same here Jp. Do I have a game junior

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »