Home

Anyone still...

This is a discussion on Anyone still... within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #33
Rookie

asb_man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
Cool thread which raises the question, anyone know what happened to asb_man and asb_art who posted here consistently answering questions about All Star Baseball. Anyone know if they are on another development team ?
Hey Andy, Rag, boys...
asb_art just completed NBA Shootout (they just changed the name to 'NBA') for the PSP...several other of the ex-ASB guys worked on that title too. 2-3 are also at 989 working on baseball. Seven of them are in town this weekend to snowboard so I will see them tonight for the 1st time in several months. Should be a hoot. I will let you know what all I am working on when I can. I hope you all are doing well. I have 2K5 and am enjoying it...MVP is in the mail so I will be playing it very soon as well. I am hoping to get a complimentary copy of MLB tonight
Old 03-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #34
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Nice to hear from you and the others asb_man. Enjoy Big Bear.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #35
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Hey ASBMan
Nice to hear from you. I'm still playing ASB2005....still the best manage only game out there!
Hey....give us the secret... how do you guys move the players around before you start a franchise?!! We won't tell anyone else!
Have a great time and thanks for one of the best baseball games around.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #36
mlblover33

OVR:

well this how im playing

legend dif

timed hitting

no hitter or pitcher aids

manual def

strike zone on

im wanting to bump up my hitting to cursor and have tried it a LITTLE bit here and there... i was wondering where i should start on the dif setting...

will using rookie or the default not use as many breakign balls that id have to see?? im avging about 2-5 hits a game and less than 3 runs a game and im striking out 6-12 times a game... i dont want to lose all my games that i play with cursor hitting... i still want to contend with it but not be in the cellar all season.

im also starting out on slow pitch.. but i just dont think i have the relflexes to use cursor hitting...

any help on this issue will be much appreciated

Old 12-23-2005, 03:17 AM   #37
Rookie

pigpen81's Arena

OVR: 12

I am now 90 games into my Washington Admirals franchise using Jim's roster from last August. (I am 55-35 on All-Star using Tiger Stadium as my home field.)

I am red faced to admit it, but I am having more fun with this game then any other baseball game of all time.

Using the 2D cursor with Fast pitching as well as the Right stick to swing I am having a blast.

My stats seem about right...except for K's and BB's when pitching.

The fielding cam is the best ever. It takes a while but it is hard to play any other game after using it.

I remember 3 years ago, I debated heavily with Baseball Guru(kind of a jerk...pretended to be a fan when he was actually an ASB team member) about High Heat handling ASB in the gameplay department and at the time it did. 2005 is still lacking somewhat in the animation area and hitting mecahnism's but there is a lot of gameplay to squeeze out of it.

The little things I have discovered have been a blast.

The All-Star game has the CPU sub all players in and out after the 2nd inning.

Pitchers warming up in the pen(I know, done in recent games).

The train rolling in Houston, then returning during the next batters AB.

The futures game during the All Star break.

There are others I can't remember at the moment but again, I am having a tremendous fun.

Thanks Jim for the rosters.

video games........I wish my boys would let me play

watching Tottenham vs. Liverpool at White Hart Lane............2004 was a long time ago
Old 12-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #38
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

while i dont play the game as much, i still have the ASB 2003,04,& 05 titles sitting on my shelf.. i have to say when i put some time in with the game, i have enjoyed it immensly (sp - working on about 4 hrs sleep -hehe).. i have no desire to trade in these games either.. one of these days i will start up a season - gotta love the expansion mode too..
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #39
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I've been thinking about getting back into this game. Is anyone else still playing this game? The gameplay definitely has its warts but man this game is so authentic in so many was.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #40
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I just played this the other night on the 360. Great memories and still the only game I played 162 games in.

Edit: Started a new auto-draft expansion mode last night with the Indiana Tornados, American League, Sarma Dome.

Settings: Normal Batting/Pitching Cam, 2-D Cursor, Medium Pitch Speed, 2004 Fielding Cam, Random Pitch Count

TV 480P looks pretty good for an XBOX1 game.

Forgot how much the real-time scoreboards and sports ticker add atmosphere to a baseball game! Having a blast even though my second baseman broke his arm trying to turn a doubleplay. He's out 3 months.

Last edited by bulls23; 07-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »