Home

ASB 2005 Franchise Roster

This is a discussion on ASB 2005 Franchise Roster within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 60
ASB 2005 Franchise Roster

Okay, as you all know you cannot save a default roster in this game, have to do everything in franchise mode.

I have here an updated franchise roster (XBOX) using a created Washington Admirals team, that is nothing more than the Washington Nationals. There is a fake Montreal team and the CPU created the Edmonton Weasels, which are also a fake team (there are some real players on both these teams).

I got rid of the players who no longer exist, the Mike Mordecais, Fred McGriffs, etc. With the others I changed their names. It think I made Rafael Palmeiro to Ron Palmeiro, or something like that, changed his batting attributes, face, etc. so that he would be unrecognizable.

Created a ton of new players for each team. Edited some attributes like knocking Kleskos hitting down a bit along with Giles, increasing Uggla, etc., etc.

The players have the adjusted attributes that MKnight and I came up with regarding outfielders speeds, range, and more, so the game (just played one) plays really well, tag ups, etc.

This game really rocks. Too bad it went bottoms up. It looks great, great stadiums, announcing and game play. I know it's limited to playing as the Nationals (Admirals), but what ya gonna do.

Somebody try this out and see if I uploaded it right. I played a franchise spring training game vs. Florida and it was great. Lots of walks in this game, love the generated pitch count, lost the game 5-2, had the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th but Kearns struck out on a 3-2 pitch (using the 2D cursor).

The great thing about this game is you can go in and edit just about everything with these players.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AllStarBas_Franchise12.zip (436.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by jim416; 10-31-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: ASB 2005 Franchise Roster

Nice Jim!
I'll download it and check it out tomorrow.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
Banned

You know I forgot how to do CLASSIC baserunning in this game. The NORMAL one is awful and I was using CLASSIC when I was playing the game, but for the life of me can't figure it out, and it was sort of second nature. Nothing in the manual to explain CLASSIC either.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Thanks for the franchise file!! I'm new 2 the series, picked it up yesterday for 7.99..it's not 16X9 widescreen, but ah well, 480p is good though, and dolby digital is cool...can you tell me what settings (camera angles, pitch speed, batting, etc...) you play with? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
Banned

Well, I use the 2D cursor as I remember the 3D was "broken". It works well.
I don't use that fielder cam, but the 2004 camera. I've been playing the exhibition games on AS level. I also use generated (random) pitch count. It speeds up the game. Pitch speed will be up to you.

Now I use AUTO field MANUAL throw. In this game it takes your pitchers a little while longer to get warmed up, so make sure you keep on top of that.

I, for the life of me can't figure out the CLASSIC running, so went back to NORMAL. NORMAL is good. You use the left trigger to advance, right to return. Just remember to PUSH THE BUTTON FOR THE BASE RUNNER FIRST and THEN the left trigger when advancing, or all the guys will go. It's sort of got a station to station feel, so when you get a hit hold down on the B button while your runners gets to first and keep mashing the left trigger and he'll go to second. If you only hit it once he may not advance. This takes some practice, but I got it down now and am able to advance all my runners, just make sure you hold the base button before you pull the left trigger to advance.

I use RANDOM homerun scenes. They've got a real nice one of the pitcher reacting to a homerun. I also turn off all the pitch aides. You will definitely get walks in this game, definitely. I turn off the vibration.

If you're new to it I think you will be surprised. There's a lot of good stuff in this game and with the roster attribute tweaks it plays really well. Does it have a few glitches, yes, but all the games do.

Let me know if I can give you any hints/help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
Rookie

asb_man's Arena

OVR: 6

My personal favorite settings are 'Hall of Fame' difficulty with strikezone 'off', and ball glow 'on'. I use normal baserunning. The only real snag I have with it is stealing home/squeeze plays are more difficult than with 'classic'. It's great to see that other people are STILL enjoying the game!

I meant to post this earlier -I played a game a few weeks ago while the world series was going on. I traded Eckstien, Mulder, and Belliard to the Cardinals and simmed the first 2 seasons. They made it to the World Series and I played the decisive game 5; Eckstien was 5 for 5 for me with 3 doubles, and the environment (BP Village) looked extremely similar to the actual New Busch Stadium. Note- I played this the day before Eckstien's 4 for 5 game.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Re: ASB 2005 Franchise Roster

asb_man, I have a question:
What was the deal with people not being able to edit more of the pitchers abilities? Is there an inside story on that?

I haven't played the ASB game in a while now, but I plan to go back to it.
With it being 360 compatible now, I'm sure that I'll be playing it on and off for years to come... considering that it seems like the current game on the market is still years from being as good as ASB was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »