Home

buying both games advice

This is a discussion on buying both games advice within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2
buying both games advice

Hello,
Weird question.

I bought the two baseball games last year for PS3 last year. It was pretty difficult switching back and forth when they are so different. It especially took me awhile to adjust to the different pitch speeds, so my batting suffered a lot into the middle innings.
Why I am saying this?
Because I am thinking about doing it again....

For those that do the same, how do you, or what is the best way, that you guys have found worked the best when going back and forth. I was constantly trying to decide which one to stick with, but I never could. I do not even know why I needed to decide. They both have their good points.

I am thinking every other week or odd days or I do not really know...

Weird question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: buying both games advice

interesting question since my plan is to buy both as well which I did last year.

I let my mood take me with which game to play rather than attempt to do it systematically. When I felt like I could be patient and focused I played the show. When I was in the mood to just play ball and not worry about being distraction free I played 2k.

I noticed my hitting was better in 2k if I played that after playing the show. I was more patient and selective and pitches were much easier to read. So if you play both in the same day, I recommend going show then 2k not the other way around.

I hope both games are a fun experience again this year, although I usually don't finish either game. I don't have the time for even 1 of these games let alone 2, but that doesn't stop me from buying them both lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This is probably more suited for the Other Baseball Games forum.

But to answer your question, I bought MLB 2K10 and MLB 10: The Show on the same day. I only did a franchise in The Show, and played a lot of MLB Today in 2K10. I probably was playing 2K10 once a day until some glitches were kind of holding me back, but The Show got more of a lasting effect where I felt compelled to play it at any time, even if the overall mood wasn't exactly calling out "baseball."

How did I switch back and forth? I don't really know. I was considering maybe getting the Vita version of The Show and the PS3 version of 2K12 this year, but in all likeliness I'll probably jut be getting The Show for both.

I never got confused/lost when playing the games themselves and being messed up with control schemes and the way pitches come in or anything. I guess it just comes with the territory.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Since we are comparing an aspect of both games, moving to appropriate forum.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd say play a game or two of each then decide which you prefer, stick with that game until your tired of it then switch to the other. Or you could do like me and buy all three games for PS3 then end up only playing PYS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
PYS2012 would be a great second game.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I bought both games last year. I used The Show for Franchise Mode and played mostly MLB Today games with 2K11. It wasn't that hard to switch back and forth between the two games, and at least in my experience, playing 2K11 helped me become a more patient hitter in The Show, as I had to take more pitches when I switched back to The Show to get re-adjusted to the faster pitch speeds.

In the end I wound up dumping 2K11 because the bugs and glitches were just too numerous to overlook.

Unless baseball games are the only videogames you play, I'd suggest renting both games (if that's an option) upon release, playing both and then choosing one to purchase. I know for me, it was difficult juggling 2 baseball games with my other gaming library.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

I've been trying to switch between the Show 09 and MLB 2k11. 2k11 is so much more pleasant and easier than the Show I have the worst time getting the energy to play the Show. I prefer not sweating bullets over at bats in video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »