Home

R.B.I. Baseball 21 Removed From Digital Storefronts, No Plans To Develop R.B.I. Baseball 22

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 21 Removed From Digital Storefronts, No Plans To Develop R.B.I. Baseball 22 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
R.B.I. Baseball 21 Removed From Digital Storefronts, No Plans To Develop R.B.I. Baseball 22

R.B.I. Baseball 21 has been removed from digital storefronts to include the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: There Are No Plans To Develop R.B.I. Baseball 22

Not surprising.
For all that it offered, there was a lot it didn't offer. I enjoyed it, but the ridiculous font they used wasn't really suited to small screens.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: There Are No Plans To Develop R.B.I. Baseball 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Not surprising.
For all that it offered, there was a lot it didn't offer. I enjoyed it, but the ridiculous font they used wasn't really suited to small screens.
To me the writing was on the wall in 2019 when MLB themselves worked out a deal with Sony San Diego to publish The Show on XBOX and NSX moving forward.

EA acquiring Metalhead Software last year basically wrapped up any future plans for the series too.

Last edited by Kccitystar; 02-07-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 21 Removed From Digital Storefronts, No Plans To Develop R.B.I. B

It's a sad state of affairs for pc live action baseball players. Just Super Mega Baseball, good game but lacks mlb licenses.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:04 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
The series had potential, and could be fun at times. But, the lack of depth, animation variety and overall smoothness of the game were too hard to ignore after a week or so of playing the game.

The batting mechanic added in 20 wasn't user friendly. They corrected things in 21, but that game took steps back from an animation and frame rate standpoint.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #6
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
it was basically the retro mode in the show 21.....wasn't bad for what it was, but the series could not go much further, especially to compete with the show. it was pretty nice for a quick game of baseball though. was hoping they would think outside the box and include the world baseball classic, something the show didn't have.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 21 Removed From Digital Storefronts, No Plans To Develop R.B.I. B

It's funny how not one of the remakes ever stood up to the fun factor or gameplay of the original NES versions of the game. How did the think that keeping the same "core" elements of the original was a good idea after the miserable showing of the first release. Any emulator and rom on any phone or table outshined any attempt. I'm glad to see it took years of failure to make this move.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm not the biggest baseball guy but I do like it. I get The Show every few years and love the old Slugfest games. That being said, this was a franchise I thought about trying out every year but never did. I get why it didn't survive, I think The Show is a really good franchise, maybe even the best in sports. Competition is always a good thing though, I kinda almost regret never really giving it a chance but life goes on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »