Home

NBA LIVE KILLED THE 2K10 STAR

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE KILLED THE 2K10 STAR within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA LIVE KILLED THE 2K10 STAR

I don't consider myself a Dynasty guy... I used to before I got into online play. I do LIKE to do Dynasty... sometimes when people annoy me enough or someone comes out and glitches the ish out of me, I want to play offline for awhile.

Live dynasty is disgusting. It's unplayable. As I said before in another thread, 2ks gameplay has never been on the same level as NBA Live 10, but at least in 2k when you played a game in Franchise mode you felt like you were playing for something. In Live, it's just like ehhh. Seriously, you can tell how broken it is just by simming one season.

I'd rather have them fix the gameplay on Live (as they did), but I can't imagine that it's so hard to fix Dynasty.

There are so many little things... like the computer setting weird rotations for no reason, the fact that you have to release players you don't want to resign to make sure they don't end up back on your roster, or the fact that sometimes you sign a free agent and... oh wait, he's not on your roster when the season starts.

It's horrible. Disgraceful. Good thing online is fun.

-Smak
Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I have both games and I'm a dynasty guy. I like 2k's association better but, I like Live game play better (but, not by much). Both games are quality titles, IMO and it's tough to choice on over another.

I'm definitely anticipating The Dynamic Season for Live and the patch for 2k'. Those two things could probably push one over the other and I probably will end up making a decision on selling one on Ebay after that. I just haven't decided which yet...
I am in the same boat, flip flopping til wednesday, but it all comes down to the association/dynasty experience.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nron
I have both games, I buy both every year cause there's just something each has to offer that the other doesn't. I LOVE live cause, like you said, it's so clean. i love the brightness of the colors, and something about playing it is just so fun! I don't plan to play association in live this year at all. I will probably play dynamic season. As for 2k, I have a lot of fun playing it. I love NBA Today. I have been playing it throughout the preseason and I love the presentation and the commentary. Today, I popped in 2k10 and preseason games are over, so I tried a quick game, and it wasn't the same to me. I played live instead. I probably will play NBA Today throughout the regular season.

I look forward to the patch for both games. 2K has a very impressive list of fixes/add-ons. Hopefully we will hear soon from the Live devs regarding their patch, I'm anxious to see what's up.

Does anyone know if the living roster feature will be updating every day this year? last year, wasn't it once a week? sundays I think? That would be really cool. Live has done some great things with DNA.
i think living roster is still weekly.
also, i bolded some parts up there, just curious, what makes u say those things, cause i feel the same way lol
i cant pinpoint it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I don't consider myself a Dynasty guy... I used to before I got into online play. I do LIKE to do Dynasty... sometimes when people annoy me enough or someone comes out and glitches the ish out of me, I want to play offline for awhile.

Live dynasty is disgusting. It's unplayable. As I said before in another thread, 2ks gameplay has never been on the same level as NBA Live 10, but at least in 2k when you played a game in Franchise mode you felt like you were playing for something. In Live, it's just like ehhh. Seriously, you can tell how broken it is just by simming one season.

I'd rather have them fix the gameplay on Live (as they did), but I can't imagine that it's so hard to fix Dynasty.

There are so many little things... like the computer setting weird rotations for no reason, the fact that you have to release players you don't want to resign to make sure they don't end up back on your roster, or the fact that sometimes you sign a free agent and... oh wait, he's not on your roster when the season starts.

It's horrible. Disgraceful. Good thing online is fun.

-Smak

wow i didnt know some of that stuff in dynasty.
i do know i po'd Nates agent in the offseason and he said he will NEVER resign, so i let it go, sim ahead to the season and theres nate with a fresh new max 4 year contract.
wtf lol
Old 10-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

It's really hard to word it...2K seems superior in every way (almost) but there's something that keeps pulling me back to live...I know I said this before, but it's just cleaner...crisper. maybe it's the controls that are easier? I'm glad there's someone else who feels the same way...I'll keep thinking about this though and post back in a bit.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

I just read a thread on the 2k boards about playoff atmosphere and general atmosphere in the Live game being wayyy better than 2k...this could play a factor in why we keep going back...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

i have to agree with the general opinion that seems to be forming here.. 2k does appear to be the 'slicker'/'more evolved' of the two - but i think the truth is more to do with what neither title has offered up until this year..

I think at the end of the day with these two games its the amount of control given to the end user that has been the deciding factor.. and imo that is where Live hits the spot with its gameplay.

Games hold interest if they are able to make the user feel involved.. either intellectually (which is probably where the depth of association wins out) or at the most basic level of gameplay (which Live has nailed down this year).

Some of us have probably missed the gameplay bit more than the association/franchise bit..esp considering the 2k association is still built around what they offered last year (which is a model we know of and is still very good) and Lives Dynasty has basically stood still.

The gameplay of the kind that Live offers today is unlike anything we've seen thus far from either title...which is why its 'fresher'.. and perhaps thats where the draw lies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

I tried to jump ship and go to Live this year, it just didn't last.Every game looked the same, you could predict the runs, and it became a case of 'hey this is 2k, why can't I do this here'. Live is just not fleshed out enough to hold my interest. The lack of numbered sliders and the hassle to get sliders from a locker didn't help. I miss some things about Live, but when I do, I remind myself the NBA is a full-court game, and that doesn't exist in Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »