Home

Tim Tebow's Old HS Nailed With Severe Probation

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow's Old HS Nailed With Severe Probation within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 62
Tim Tebow's Old HS Nailed With Severe Probation

Linkage

Quote:
Nease High gets record fine, 6 years' probation for breaking rules

Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Nease High School was fined a record $20,000 and placed on six years of probation Tuesday after FHSAA officials learned a player's father had accepted a job with a company owned by an assistant coach.
The player and his father also had been living with another assistant coach, and the player had been traveling to and from the Ponte Vedra Beach school with the assistant coach.
"We take these violations very seriously," Florida High School Athletic Association commissioner John Stewart said. "The school's head football coach admitted to our investigator that he was aware of the arrangements between these two assistant coaches and the student-athlete's father. Furthermore, the violations occurred while the school already is on probation for violations in another sport.
"This raises serious questions about the level of control, if any, the school's administration has over its athletic program. We hope the severity of the penalties, which include the single largest fine in the association's history, will be an attention-getter."
Nease already had been on probation for violations in its baseball program.
In addition to the reprimand and fine, Nease's entire athletic program will remain on probation for five years.
The football program's probation will last a year longer, through the 2011-12 school year.
The football program will not be allowed to play in fall jamborees or spring jamborees. It will not be allowed to play fall classic games or spring classic games. It will not be allowed to play any games outside the state. It will not be allowed to play any out-of-state opponents. And it will not be allowed to play in any televised games during the regular season.
Nease has 10 business days to appeal the findings and penalties. Any appeals will be heard by the FHSAA's board of directors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Tim Tebow's Old HS Nailed With Severe Probation

wow, this is the 1st time i've ever heard of a high school team getting hit with probation. The school got lucky that it didnt get hit with the death penalty since it has committed infractions in other programs.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

That sucks for all the other players.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

They should get the death penalty.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Can you give a public high school the death penalty? Without a doubt, some people should lose their jobs, but I don't think you can deny a high school the right to have an athletic program. I'm sure the parents and the students that actually live there, follow the laws/rules, and pay taxes could fight that in court.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Can you give a public high school the death penalty? Without a doubt, some people should lose their jobs, but I don't think you can deny a high school the right to have an athletic program. I'm sure the parents and the students that actually live there, follow the laws/rules, and pay taxes could fight that in court.
You don't give them the DP in college terms, but you have them fire the AD, and all coaches in the sport, and don't let them have boosters.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Its crazy hom much money is in high school football. I read in the SI article about that Alabama high school (John Parker Wilson's old school on two-a-days I think) which raises $450,000 a year in fund raising. They even put their own team up in a hotel before HOME games and bring in catered food.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #8
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Its crazy hom much money is in high school football. I read in the SI article about that Alabama high school (John Parker Wilson's old school on two-a-days I think) which raises $450,000 a year in fund raising. They even put their own team up in a hotel before HOME games and bring in catered food.
Wow, thats just nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »