Home

More Espn vs. Madden

This is a discussion on More Espn vs. Madden within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
More Espn vs. Madden

Quote:

sleepytercel

Quote:

Guys, if this isn't ignorance at its best, I don't know what is! Lol....this is a direct preview from a gamer at Ebgames.com. You can find it for the Xbox preview of ESPN.

----------------------
I'VE PLAYED BOTH GAMES AND...
To me Madden is a better game overall. Better graphics, gameplay and the feel of football. ESPN gets a couple of things right. The presentation and the tackling animations. However, there's no question Madden has better graphics and player models, and also has no annoying bugs like a receiver doing a double move and always scoring TDs. Madden's gameplay has always been flawless, you actually have to work to get a good running game. Even if do outscore the computer 255-3(Biggest blowout ever for me on All-Star). I'll stick with Madden and although ESPN does do some things right Madden is still the best and no one has beat them yet.

almost fell out my chair when i read this

Quote:

Reading that review was so laughable. I feel like lighting my face on fire and trying to extinguish it with an ice pick after reading drivel like this.

what can i say, boring evening for myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: More Espn vs. Madden

this dude is a major Jack@ss, thats cool that he loves madden and thinks maddens better, but to say madden has better graphics and player modles is juts flat out stupid. He just loves madden and he is still very much stuck in the 2d graphics world
Old 07-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

this guy reall is a, nevermind.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i am a madden fan, but i mean face facts, espn has way better graphics. but i think what he meant by "player models", was the way the players are actually SHAPED. a lot of the players in espn seem a bit oversized, and arent shaped really like a human being. also, the fact that the movements are jerky. but he should know the differents between "jerky movements" and "animations". IMO, i think espn has better tackling animations, the ways that the player falls to the ground is extremely realistic. but, until you actually get to that point, you can just cut from one corner to the other in .001 of a second without even seeing him cut in espn. thats where i think madden has the advantage . . . . i compare it to RPG games. . . . like FMVs. everything doesnt seem fluid, but when you get to the big animation, things look sweet.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:43 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

if anyone really think Maddens player models are better then ESPN player , they need to be brain dead and blind. ESPN player are NOT over sized at all, it just MADDEN players are to damn small and look like ants. ESPN just looks real from the modles to the fans to the stadiums, just everything looks better in ESPN. Madden is just overrated and you guys can't see it. ESPN does have the better gameplay too, IMO. Wake up football gamers wake up, I know you guys like what you like but there is no comparison when it comes to gameplay and GRAPHICS, ESPN is just better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

FootballForever said:
if anyone really think Maddens player models are better then ESPN player , they need to be brain dead and blind. ESPN player are NOT over sized at all, it just MADDEN players are to damn small and look like ants. ESPN just looks real from the modles to the fans to the stadiums, just everything looks better in ESPN. Madden is just overrated and you guys can't see it. ESPN does have the better gameplay too, IMO. Wake up football gamers wake up, I know you guys like what you like but there is no comparison when it comes to gameplay and GRAPHICS, ESPN is just better.

people like you slow things down in this world .. . anyways just forget it before another bashing post starts
Old 07-07-2004, 04:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Really, if you enjoy your game who cares?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »