Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
Old 05-26-2023, 09:17 AM   #898
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibaxx7
Leao would be a superb addition.
Three-headed monster, and speed for days from the the front three.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:24 AM   #899
MVP

Young Talent Zidane Iqbal Impresses in Preseason

By Oliver Lewis July 10, 2023 132

MANCHESTER, ENG - Manchester United's preseason tour is underway, and one player who has caught the attention of the coaching staff is Zidane Iqbal. The 20-year-old midfielder has been performing exceptionally well in training, according to reports, and has been one of the standout performers on the tour.

Iqbal spent last season on loan at Lincoln City in League One, where he made 31 appearances, scoring three goals and providing five assists. He impressed during his time at the club, showcasing his technical ability, vision, and passing range.

Despite his impressive performances, Iqbal's future at United is still uncertain. The club has a wealth of talent in midfield, including the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Renato Sanches, Fred, and Scott McTominay. However, with the departure of Donny van de Beek and the uncertainty surrounding the future of Jimmy Garner, there could be an opportunity for Iqbal to make an impact.

United's coaching staff has been impressed with Iqbal's performances in training, and there are reports that he could be in line for a first-team spot this season. While he is still young and has plenty of room for growth, he has shown that he has the talent and potential to make an impact at the highest level.

During his loan spell at Lincoln City, Zidane Iqbal caught the attention of the Iraqi national team coaches. His impressive performances in League One earned him his second international call-up during the March window, where he made his debut in a friendly against Uzbekistan.

Despite his young age, Iqbal showed maturity and composure on the field, impressing the coaches and his teammates alike. His performances in the national team setup further boosted his confidence and helped him develop his game. Now, with his impressive performances in Manchester United's preseason training, it seems that Iqbal is poised to make an impact at the highest level of the game.

Iqbal's journey to this point has been an interesting one. He joined United's academy at the age of six and has progressed through the ranks, impressing at every level. He has been a regular for United's under-23 team in recent years, showcasing his abilities in midfield and catching the eye of the coaching staff.

While he is still young and relatively unproven at the senior level, Iqbal has already shown that he has the potential to be a top-class midfielder. His technical ability and passing range are particularly impressive, and he has the vision and creativity to unlock defenses with his passing.

The coaching staff at United have been impressed with Iqbal's work ethic and attitude, and they believe that he has the potential to make a significant contribution to the team in the future. While it remains to be seen if he will be given a chance to make his mark this season, he has certainly done everything he can to impress the coaching staff so far.

In a recent interview with United's official website, Iqbal spoke about his loan spell at Lincoln City and how it helped him develop as a player. "Playing regularly in League One was a great experience for me," he said. "I learned a lot from the coaches and players at the club, and I feel like I've come back to United a better player."

He also spoke about his ambitions for the future, saying, "My goal is to play for the first team at United. I know that it won't be easy, but I'm willing to work hard and do whatever it takes to make it happen."

If Iqbal continues to impress in training and develops at the same rate as he has been, there's no doubt that he could be a key player for United in the future. While there may be more established players ahead of him in the pecking order, he has shown that he has the talent and potential to make an impact.

(Photos by Holly Richardson / Associated Press)

What did you think of this story?

mehsolidawesome

MEHSOLID AWESOME

Oliver Lewis is a staff writer at The Athletic covering Manchester United. Previously, he wrote for ESPN. Follow Oliver on Twitter @OliverLewisAthletic.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:29 AM   #900
MVP

🚨🔵⚪ Everton emerging as key option to sign Manchester United midfielder Jimmy Garner.

Talks progressing - Everton confident of securing his signature. United evaluating the offer.

Decision to be made soon. ⌛ #Everton #MUFC

1458 297 78940

Old 05-26-2023, 09:31 AM   #901
MVP

Ronaldo Invigorated By New MLS Challenge

By Oliver Lewis July 11, 2023 132

LOS ANGELES, CAL - The football world was rocked earlier this summer when Cristiano Ronaldo announced that he would be leaving Manchester United to join Los Angeles F.C. in Major League Soccer. The move was surprising to many, as Ronaldo had just helped United win the four trophies title and reach the finals of the Champions League. But for Ronaldo, the move to LAFC was about more than just football.

Over the past two seasons, Ronaldo has been a key player for Manchester United, scoring crucial goals and providing leadership both on and off the pitch. His arrival in 2021 was seen as a major coup for the club, and his impact was immediate. Ronaldo's performances helped United climb to the top of the Premier League, and his golden boot winning performances in the Champions League and in the Premier League will go down in football history.

But despite his success at United, Ronaldo felt that it was time for a new challenge. In an interview with The Athletic, he explained his decision to join LAFC:

"I've always been someone who's open to new experiences and new challenges. I've had a great time at United, and I'll always be grateful for the opportunity to play for such a historic club. But I felt that I needed a change, something different. When I spoke to the people at LAFC, I was really impressed by their vision and their commitment to building something special. I knew that this was the right move for me."

Ronaldo's decision to join LAFC was met with mixed reactions from fans and pundits alike. Some questioned whether he still had the ability to compete at the highest level, while others wondered whether he was making the move for financial reasons. But for Ronaldo, the move was about more than just money or fame.

"I've achieved so much in my career, but I still have a lot to prove," he said. "I want to show that I can compete in different leagues and different environments. And I want to help LAFC win trophies, to be part of something special."

Ronaldo's time at Manchester United was not just about his performances on the pitch. He also formed strong relationships with his teammates, many of whom praised his work ethic and leadership.

"He's just an incredible player and an incredible person," said United midfielder Bruno Fernandes. "He's always pushing himself and pushing us to be better. He's been a great mentor to me, and I've learned so much from him."

One anecdote that highlights Ronaldo's relationship with his former United teammates comes from defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who recalls a training session where Ronaldo challenged him to a one-on-one drill.

"He was just so competitive, even in training," Wan-Bissaka said. "He was pushing me to my limits, and I was trying to do the same to him. But at the end of the session, he came over and gave me some tips on my positioning and how to defend better. That's just the kind of person he is, always looking to help others improve."

Looking ahead, Ronaldo is focused on his new challenge with LAFC. He knows that the expectations will be high, but he is confident in his ability to succeed.

"I'm not here to just coast or collect a paycheck," he said. "I want to win, I want to help the team achieve its goals. And I believe that we have the talent and the mentality to do just that."

Ronaldo's career has been one of unprecedented success. He has won multiple league titles and Champions League trophies, and has scored over 800 goals at the club and international level. And now, at the age of 38, he is embarking on a new chapter in his career with LAFC. He knows that he still has a lot to offer, both on and off the pitch, and is excited to see what the future holds.

"I've always been someone who loves a challenge," he said. "And this is definitely a new challenge for me. But I'm ready for it, and I'm excited to see what we can achieve together."

For LAFC fans, the arrival of Ronaldo is a dream come true. The club has been searching for a marquee player since its inception, and Ronaldo's signing is seen as a major coup.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest players of all time, and we're thrilled to have him join our club," said LAFC owner Henry Nguyen. "His talent and his experience will be invaluable as we continue to build our team and our brand."

Ronaldo's arrival has also generated a lot of buzz within the league. Many see his signing as a sign of the growing importance of MLS on the global stage, and a signal that the league is continuing to attract top talent.

"He's a global icon, and his signing is a huge statement for MLS," said ESPN analyst Taylor Twellman. "It shows that this league is a destination for top players, and that it's only going to continue to grow and improve."

As Ronaldo prepares for his debut with LAFC, there is no doubt that he will be the player to watch. His talent and his leadership will be crucial to the team's success, and his presence will undoubtedly raise the profile of MLS both in the United States and around the world.

But for Ronaldo, the focus is on one thing: winning.

"I'm not here to just play out my career," he said. "I'm here to win, to be part of something special. And I believe that we can do that here at LAFC."

(Photos by Holly Richardson / Associated Press)

What did you think of this story?

mehsolidawesome

MEHSOLID AWESOME

Oliver Lewis is a staff writer at The Athletic covering Manchester United. Previously, he wrote for ESPN. Follow Oliver on Twitter @OliverLewisAthletic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2023, 09:31 AM   #902
MVP

Old 05-27-2023, 07:40 AM   #903
MVP

scoreline

Ronaldo Reunion Highlights Preseason Friendly

Jadon Sancho Shines for United in 3-2 Win in Los Angeles

By Felix Short | July 12, 2023, 11:59 PM EST

Main Photo

Cristiano Ronaldo netted two goals against his former club. (Michael Bradley/Manchester Guardian)

Los Angeles, USA – Manchester United continued their preseason campaign with a dominant performance against reigning MLS Champions LAFC. The match was marked by former United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo’s, who had recently signed with LAFC, appearance against his former club.

The Red Devils came out strong in the first half, dominating possession and creating multiple chances. They were rewarded in the 14th minute when Carney Chukwuemeka forced a turnover from Aaron Long, and pushed the ball forward to Jadon Sancho. Sancho then made a quick pass in the box to Mason Greenwood, who slammed it past LAFC goalkeeper Maxine Crépeau to give United the lead.

United continued to push forward and doubled their lead in the 30th minute. Renato Sanches pushed the ball wide to Sancho, who had space and fired a shot into the far low corner of the net to make it 2-0.

LAFC started the second half with more energy, but United took the game seriously and comfortably held on to their lead. Jadon Sancho had a moment of hold-up play that looked particularly impressive, raising the question of whether he could play as a number 9. He converted that moment into a goal, displaying his impressive skill set and versatility.

LAFC managed to get on the scoresheet in the 67th minute, as Gareth Bale managed to wiggle out of a trap from Oumar Solet and Ethan Laird, finding Timothy Tillman who dragged the defender and left Ronaldo with space to score. Ronaldo made no mistake when the ball came his way and squared it in to give LAFC their first goal.

United responded by continuing to push forward and create chances. In the 87th minute, Jadon Sancho occupied Aaron Long and asked for the ball to his feet, and received a pass from Fred. He used his body to fend off Long, spun off him to create space, and hit it hard and low into the back of the net, securing his brace and United's third goal.

Ronaldo managed to score another great goal before the buzzer, but it was too little too late for LAFC as United emerged as comfortable winners, 3-2.

Marcus Rashford left the game at halftime due to a minor injury, but United's attacking prowess was not hindered. "It was disappointing to have to come off at halftime, but it was just a precaution," said Marcus Rashford, who left the game due to injury. "I'm feeling good and should be back on the pitch soon. We have a lot of important games coming up, and I'm looking forward to being a part of them."

Man of the match honors went to Sancho for his two goals and an assist. "I'm really happy with how I played today, and I think the team put in a great effort as well. It's always good to get on the scoresheet, but the most important thing is that we got the win," said Sancho in a post-match interview.

United manager Thomas Walker was pleased with the performance of his team. "I thought we played well today. We showed a lot of intensity and created a lot of chances. We still have some things to work on, but overall, I'm happy with how the team is progressing," he said.

"Jadon [Sancho] had a fantastic game today, and we're really excited to have him in the squad," added Walker. "He's a talented player with a lot of potential, and I think he's going to have a big impact for us this season."

LAFC manager Steve Cherundolo had positive words for his star signing Ronaldo. "I thought Cristiano played well today. He showed a lot of quality on the ball and created some good chances. We're still working on integrating him into the team, but I think he's going to be a great addition for us," he said.

"We had a slow start to the game, and it cost us," said Cherundolo. "We improved in the second half and were able to get a couple of goals back, but ultimately, it wasn't enough. We need to learn from this and continue to work on our game."

United will continue their preseason campaign with a scrimmage against UCLA's Men's Soccer Team tomorrow before heading to Las Vegas to face off against Louisville City FC on Saturday. The Red Devils look to be in good shape ahead of the new season, with Sancho and the rest of the squad firing on all cylinders.

Manchester United: 3
Goal Scorers: Mason Greenwood (14’, 2nd), Jadon Sancho (30’, 1st), Jadon Sancho (87’, 2nd)
Assists: Jadon Sancho (1st), Renato Sanches (3rd), Fred (1st)
Los Angeles F.C.: 2
Goal Scorers: Cristiano Ronaldo (67’), Cristiano Ronaldo (92’)
Assists: Timothy Tillman, Kellyn Acosta

Share this Article

Old 05-27-2023, 07:43 AM   #904
MVP

🚨🔵⚪ Jimm Garner to Everton on verge of done deal.

Just waiting final approval from all sides. ⌛ #Everton #MUFC

1458 297 78940

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »