Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD (/forums/showthread.php?t=892139)

itchyroll_51 09-24-2016 07:41 PM

The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

Took me a long time to figure this out but the culprit to all the crazy help CPU defense is on the setting "SWITCH RULES". Watch the vid. I did and you can see exactly where the mess comes from. I have also came up with a solution; so in this thread i hope you guys can let me know what you see against other teams PnRs with my "fix". Also would be great to hear how other deal with all the help defense problems form the CPU this year, especially in PnRs.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l9t4xCiON3M" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Sam Pham

TarHeelPhenom 09-24-2016 08:01 PM

Re: The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

Question...will these work for CPU vs CPU and if we go in and set them for the CPU will they stick all game?

LorenzoDC 09-24-2016 08:06 PM

I look forward to testing this.

It would be great if you were to do a video just breaking down what all of the settings options do. For example, you explained "pre rotate" quickly while you were talking, but you used a "catch hedge" setting and I don't even think I know what that does.

We need an illustrated "glossary" of all the settings and options, and when to use them.

Nukleopatra 09-24-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom (Post 2048464835)
Question...will these work for CPU vs CPU and if we go in and set them for the CPU will they stick all game?

I second this question.

Impetuous65 09-24-2016 08:11 PM

Just tried your setting and it doesn't happen as much but it still happens a lot.

TarHeelPhenom 09-24-2016 08:19 PM

For now until a patch drops im playing with all players Help IQ at 99 and its definitely helping. Im thinking with that and Sam's finding while possibly raising the Def. Awareness slider this may be a band aid til a patch drops.

bls 09-24-2016 08:34 PM

Turn ACE off and use adjustments during game depending on what opponent is doing. Just played a Grizzlies user and it was shrink the floor all day long with his line up of Gasol/Zach/Allen. It actually works when you use it too, you'll notice your defensive players playing off to protect the paint.

Also make the adjustments in the defensive settings like play tight, deny....etc.

Haven't played a Warriors user yet and doesn't look like I will being that I play with the Pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strawberryshortcake 09-24-2016 08:57 PM

EDIT #2: Just completely re-tested Sam Pham's setting and it seems to be a very viable solution for the defensive concerns. The game seems to now be playable and enjoyable without the questionable defensive tactics

Spoiler

================================================== ======

EDIT #1: I am currently re-testing Sam Phams settings because I overlooked what could be an important aspect: Pre-Rotation needs to be set to NO for most. Pre-Rotation is only set to YES for big man.

Everything below is before my above edit.

EDIT: Disregard the below post; I retested Sam Pham's defensive setting and I completely forgot to change the Pre-Rotation to No (Most) and Pre-Rotation to Yes (Big Man). Implementation of these two things and I no longer get the Kevin Durant journey across the court defense.

Spoiler