Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Fatigue Off Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=943451)

Tuscaloosa 12-12-2018 08:20 PM

The Fatigue Off Thread

The idea with this thread is to designate a place to talk about what sliders & settings we are using alongside turning Fatigue OFF, or Fatigue Resets, and our experiences with them. And also to try and answer any questions people might have concerning these adjustments.

Links to sliders/settings:
SilverBullet19 - Page 1 ⬇️
MvPeterson2828 - Page 1 ⬇️
Von Dozier - Page 2
mm boost - Page 9

Tuscaloosa 12-12-2018 08:24 PM

Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

My current settings:

8-9 Minute Quarters, currently enjoying 8.
Default Heisman (USER and CPU FG Accuracy - 35, only change)/Fatigue Off
*HFA and Ice The Kicker OFF as well, to help keep it about the ratings/attributes.

I just play with a few House Rules:

1 Ask Coach - Offense & Defense - One of the 3 given plays. This is in no way necessary though. Picking your own plays will still give you great results. This is just something that I have always done, since they made it available in the game. Kind of like I actually have a coordinator. *Edit: Also don't use any audibles or hot routes of any kind.

2 Stick with one player on D. Not sure if this would be necessary, I've just always liked the challenge of it, plus the way it really brings out the attributes of your other guys.

3 No "stop-n-pop" passing. Although it's an extremely entertaining part of our real life game, the CPU QB just won't do it. So, I don't either. Once the CPU starts scrambling, they stick to it. So, once I touch R2, my only options are to continue the run or throw it away. I allow myself the throw away because sometimes the CPU does that instant throwaway when they know the play is dead. I feel this makes things even.

4 FG makes and misses are determined by a random number generator. For example: Kicker's accuracy is 94. Set the generator to select a random number between 0 and 99, and if it's 94 or below, then it's good. If it's 95 or higher, it's a miss.

5 I use Formation Subs to give my #2 HB 30% of the formations, which results in that percentage of the carries, roughly. I also do this for the CPU, each game, using the switch teams technique mentioned earlier, as to not miss any plays. No need to reset the CPUs subs either. They do it automatically.

6 Recruiting

1 star school = 1 star prospects that have me as top school + walk-ons + transfers.

2 star school = 1 star prospects that have me in their Top 3 + walk-ons + transfers.

3 star school = 2 star prospects that have me in their Top 5 and under + walk-ons + transfers.

4 star school = 3 star prospects that have me in their Top 10 and under + walk-ons + transfers.

5 star school = Any 4 star prospects and under + walk-ons + transfers.

6 star school = Any 5 star prospects and under + walk-ons + transfers.

SilverBullet19 12-12-2018 08:53 PM

My settings are as follows:

Sliders: JKit's
Quarter length: 9 minutes
Fatigue: OFF
HFA: OFF for home games, ON for away games

House Rules

General
-Coaching trees remain empty, except for the recruiting tree
-No custom playbooks
-Injury ratings adjustments (QB/RB/WR/TE -15, defense -25)

Recruiting/Roster Management
-5* recruits are to start at their given position
-4* and JUCO cannot be redshirted
-45 players on the roster must be from CA (school location)
-Max recruits of graduating seniors +3
-Cannot convince RS Jr to stay if they declare
-Cannot convince any player projected 3rd round or higher to stay
-Accept all transfers
-May only convince a player not to transfer if they will start

In Game
-Max of 5 read options a game
-Can't run any specific play more than 3 times in a game
-4th downs can only be attempted if trailing in the 4th, or its 4th and 1 or less in "no man's land" (too short for a punt, but too long for a FG. This depends on your kicker's range, my current no man's land is between opponent 30-40)
-No guess play on defense

MvPeterson2828 12-12-2018 10:05 PM

The Fatigue Off Thread

My settings:

Sliders: Community Sliders with custom tweaks. Not big changes

Fatigue: OFF

House Rules:

I will be using the house Rules I got from JoshC from this slider thread.

I also won't be using any skill points except in HC Recruiting tree.

All transfers will be accepted. I didn't play them, that's on me.

Pro Draft:
Anyone above 90 won't be persuaded to stay.
RS junior maybe not be persuaded to stay.
Any underclassmen may be persuaded to stay as long he projected to be 3rd rounder or later

Has been great for me so far. Currently 1-8 in my dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sport

airraid73 12-13-2018 07:52 AM

Question..with fatigue off are injuries still occuring throughout the season and do this mean nobody gets tired . sorry just curious?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

MSTATE12 12-13-2018 10:55 AM

yes. Injuries do still occur.

I have used some injury slider i found on the forum here.

Qb's at 65, the rest of the offensive at 60 inj rating
I have made the o-line at 0. seen some injuries there as well

Defense is at 30. D-line at 5.

SilverBullet19 12-13-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airraid73 (Post 2049635123)
Question..with fatigue off are injuries still occuring throughout the season and do this mean nobody gets tired . sorry just curious?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I just switched back to it. I had 3 injuries last game, two of which put them out the entire game.

I use the injury ratings edit method (I can never remember who pioneered it in here). I think that has a way bigger impact than fatigue

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Von Dozier 12-13-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBullet19 (Post 2049635239)
I just switched back to it. I had 3 injuries last game, two of which put them out the entire game.

I use the injury ratings edit method (I can never remember who pioneered it in here). I think that has a way bigger impact than fatigue

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This is where I first saw it, and still use these edits exactly.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=133