Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=499)
-   -   2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU) (/forums/showthread.php?t=958005)

duce 09-08-2019 04:34 AM

2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=me_duce&parent=forums.operationsports.com " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe>

Available on PS4 under stickmanduce as OS Community Slider.
Available on Switch under vetmin.
Available on Xbox under attiliofranco.

Looking to bring together all flaws that people see in the game and make slider adjustments. The only new gameplay slider I see is Illegal Screen Frequency (in Fouls section). Open to any ideas and I have a couple ideas for structure to avoid slider hell.

- Each change based on exploits found in the game.
- Any slider changes will be done by increments of 5 and must be justified with some gameplay/stats over a multiple games.

As this will be focused on MyLeague, it will keep in mind those that may playing fully user, single-player, or a hybrid. I tend to prefer to keep sliders for User and CPU as even as I can, but look forward to seeing how the game plays out.

I will be playing on 12 minutes and 8 minutes (with normalized stats). This is done to account for a wider range of schedules.

:y220b:

Real FG%
HOF difficulty
Game speed: 50

Current Set
CPU
Spoiler

USER
Spoiler

S/O ShadyMike's Sliders available here. A great set I like to compare to for challenge.

Previous Sets
Slider 4 Here.
Slider 3 Here.
Slider 1 here.

perste 09-09-2019 01:57 PM

Re: 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

I started testing "Draft Class Quality", "Progression Rate" & "Regression Rate" sliders over a 20 seasons period in order to obtain a quite constant distribution of player rates.
I'll post here my results in few days

devroyce 09-11-2019 02:05 PM

@duce thanks for considering what we've discussed, because knowing what mode the set is used for and whether it is "user v cpu" or "user v user" or "cpu vs cpu" matters and takes all the confusion and fuss away in the community compared to what used to happen. Again, this also helps because all of the modes are affected uniquely in terms of gameplay as in what may what work for Play Now may not work for MyLeague and vice versa for those reading this post. I have had this experience during the past few iterations of 2K's when posting sliders on this forum and being questioned about what mode it's good for. As a result, it is something I'm trying to encourage all slider creators to do on this forum so that the community better understand what they are given and getting, instead of guessing. I'm not sure if those on this forum really know that it's best to focus on a certain mode when creating a set, otherwise they will have to make many adjustments for different modes instead of a one size fits all. (and maybe there is a possible chance of a one size fits all miracle lol, can never say never) Just want to help as much as I can from those experiences. Apologize for the long post. Again, thanks! Looking forward and hoping your set comes out well!

-Preventing user exploits is an area I remember from your previous set years ago...I believe it will be one of the most important aspects going forward. It prevents the game from becoming too easy and allows it to remain competitive even if your level of play is that of an expert...making it fair across the board for all levels of gameplay whether you are good or bad. And not allowing "only sliders" alone to determine stats and outcome. "Your level of play" should matter most along with the outcome. With a realistic viewpoint, I do still know that sliders are personal preference at the same time and what may fit one player may not fit all other players.

Hopefully, all of this can become achieved. Positive outlook! [emoji817] [emoji111] [emoji108]

antdoggydogg 09-13-2019 10:56 PM

One thing I know for sure is that the new MyLeague simulation sliders for shot locations dont have any effect right now. Unless this latest patch changed that.
I did multiple tests and checked team shot charts to see if there was any change, there wasn't. This is only for simmed games not played games. But it's a MyLeague thread so I decided to mention it.

duce 09-15-2019 02:53 PM

Started playing on HOF in a myLeague, currently 0-3 averaging losses ~14points :duck: I've noticed the main issue of bad transition defense and that has been one of the few things I've been able to take advantage of.

My first thought is looking at the intangibles since I don't see much issue with attributes (I may look at ball security eventually). So first I'm going to raise Hustle & Def Awareness to see if CPU will do better with Transition defense.

Posting full game video with +5 to both areas once I get Twitch up and running.

jakalfc 09-15-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duce (Post 2049908562)
Started playing on HOF in a myLeague, currently 0-3 averaging losses ~14points :duck: I've noticed the main issue of bad transition defense and that has been one of the few things I've been able to take advantage of.

My first thought is looking at the intangibles since I don't see much issue with attributes (I may look at ball security eventually). So first I'm going to raise Hustle & Def Awareness to see if CPU will do better with Transition defense.

Posting full game video with +5 to both areas once I get Twitch up and running.

What effect can intangibles have on gameplay?
I ask this question because some put the value on their roster at 25

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app

duce 09-15-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napoli (Post 2049908646)
What effect can intangibles have on gameplay?
I ask this question because some put the value on their roster at 25

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app

I've seen some difference in fast break effectiveness. A little bit more action around the ball and off, but this could just be one game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nFotdZ1pj4c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

modinidagr8 09-16-2019 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
YayAttachment 168862

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app