Home

2015 ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals

This is a discussion on 2015 ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
2015 ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals

Can't believe there wasn't a thread yet.

I don't really care who wins, just glad it's two new* teams.

*I still consider Kansas City a new team to the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
2015 ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays

Schedule:
Quote:
GM1:Friday October 16(7:30pm est,6:30pm cst) Jays @ Royals
GM2:Saturday October 17(3:30pm est,2:30pm cst) Jays @ Royals
GM3:Monday October 19(7pm est,6pm cst) Royals @ Jays
GM4:Tuesday October 20(TBD) Royals @ Jays
GM5*:Wednesday October 21(TBD) Royals @ Jays
GM6*:Friday October 23(TBD) Jays @ Royals
GM7*:Saturday October 24(TBD) Jays @ Royals
I'm sure everyone remembers the last time these teams met in playoffs(Jays fans want to forget). Jays up 3-1,Royals came back and won series and went on to win WS in the first year ever the MLB went to best of seven format.

George Brett headlining Royals team while Jays headlined by Dave Stieb(starting 3 games in that series).

Now it's a new era! And who could forget the last time these teams met:

If I'm the Royals,I'm hoping it's a bullpen series. That's their biggest advantage vs Jays. Worst scenario for them is the starters going long,cause Jays starters have historically been great vs Royals(their 4 combined have ERA under 3). Royals starters vs Jays,not so much(2 of their big 3,have ERAs over 6 at Rogers Centre,Volquez never beating Jays in his entire career).

Based on both teams ALDS, looks like it could be hit or miss games. Offense in full swing when they win,but slumps when they lose. Don't see any sort of 7-6 or 4-3 ballgames. Whoever wins games,will prob win them 6-2,8-3 and stuff.

Last edited by Majingir; 10-15-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Re: 2015 ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals

I was working on one of my own, guess mods can decide which to use:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047766553
Old 10-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Re: 2015 ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs Kansas City Royals

They can use yours. It has the schedule and way more content.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #5
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2015 ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays

Go Royals....hope for a great series, but pulling for the Royals to go all the way.

...and what is with Toronto fans acting like there is bias/downplaying of the Blue Jays? When/where did that start?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 AM   #6

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
...and what is with Toronto fans acting like there is bias/downplaying of the Blue Jays? When/where did that start?
It's cause of the bad calls going against Toronto teams(Raptors/Jays). Fans and players especially getting upset alot at the officials,for it happening in multiple sports, fans absolutely hate officials for that. Their games are often in such close situations,where a single bad call gets magnified cause of how the game ends up.

It gets magnified alot by any fan really of any team in losses,but in wins you can shake it off easier(cause you can obviously just be like "whatever,that didn't hurt us at all,we still won"). For a city like Toronto where winning teams don't happen often in any sport,you can imagine bad calls get magnified ALOT.

The way fans acted in the 7th during that call was obviously overboard. I don't mind the booing and chants,but it's the item throwing which was out of line. But at same time,even the players didn't know the rule.

Had fans known the rule,they'd prob act differently,but nobody knew the rules,even umps had to go to NY to check the rule. In a moment fans waiting 22 years for,possibly slipping away from their fingertips cause of a single call late in the game,after the last home game also had some very controversial calls(strikezone,and that 2b tag),they were letting it all out. Not just as angry Jays fans,just as angry Toronto sports fans letting all anger for all sports over past 20 years out at this moment.

Last edited by Majingir; 10-15-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This is going to be an epic series. This squad will take revenge for 1985!

Looks like the rotation sets up as Estrada, Price, Stroman for the first three games but there's a possibility they have Price starting Game 1. We'll know for sure later today. I wonder, due to the fact that the Jays only have one lefty in the pen (i'm sure Loup will be available now for this series) if they might slot Buehrle in as a lefty reliever. Anywho, as Majingir said the starting pitching favors the Jays while the Royals have the better pen. Defensively these teams are even (when the Jays are not booting the ball around a bit they're very effective) and offensively they can both score a lot in different ways.

I expect the Jays to continue their philosophy they've employed all year long and in Games 3-5 of the ALDS. Be patient, make the pitcher throw where they want it and rake. Now, if Ned Yost continues to preach throwing the ball inside and some Jays hitters get hit and they perceive it as a personal slight we could see some major madness going on. That's the thing that will make this series so great to watch because both teams are fueled by emotion in a major way. In the case of the Royals that's their every day M.O. but for the Jays they're mostly even keel until they feel like things are stacked against them and they play angry/frustrated.

I'm curious to see just how the Royals pitchers pitch to the Jays' big bats because Bannister more or less had his guys throw outside/balls in the strike zone that fall out of the zone while all this season the Royals have busted the Jays inside.

Do we know what network is covering the ALCS this year?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
This is going to be an epic series. This squad will take revenge for 1985!

Looks like the rotation sets up as Estrada, Price, Stroman for the first three games but there's a possibility they have Price starting Game 1. We'll know for sure later today. I wonder, due to the fact that the Jays only have one lefty in the pen (i'm sure Loup will be available now for this series) if they might slot Buehrle in as a lefty reliever. Anywho, as Majingir said the starting pitching favors the Jays while the Royals have the better pen. Defensively these teams are even (when the Jays are not booting the ball around a bit they're very effective) and offensively they can both score a lot in different ways.

I expect the Jays to continue their philosophy they've employed all year long and in Games 3-5 of the ALDS. Be patient, make the pitcher throw where they want it and rake. Now, if Ned Yost continues to preach throwing the ball inside and some Jays hitters get hit and they perceive it as a personal slight we could see some major madness going on. That's the thing that will make this series so great to watch because both teams are fueled by emotion in a major way. In the case of the Royals that's their every day M.O. but for the Jays they're mostly even keel until they feel like things are stacked against them and they play angry/frustrated.

I'm curious to see just how the Royals pitchers pitch to the Jays' big bats because Bannister more or less had his guys throw outside/balls in the strike zone that fall out of the zone while all this season the Royals have busted the Jays inside.

Do we know what network is covering the ALCS this year?
According to MLB.com, both LCS's will be on TBS, FOX, FS1, and SNET.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »