Home

2023 NBA Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs. (8)Miami Heat

This is a discussion on 2023 NBA Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs. (8)Miami Heat within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2023, 11:54 PM   #241
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2023 NBA Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs. (8)Miami Heat

The biggest white flag from tonight game is Miami didn't play zone one time. Spo got the message from last game. It's not going to stop Denver from getting cutters into the paint and giving up quality shots. I usually say that's the white flag when a team starts playing zone because they have no answer. But in this case it's reverse. Heat won't be playing any zones for the rest of the series. They really don't have any answer for Murray and Jokic.

In flow with what we were talking about earlier. MPJ and KCP will be lit next game.

Also Thomas Bryant is trending on Twitter LMFAO

Last edited by jeebs9; 06-09-2023 at 11:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2023, 01:37 AM   #242
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Jokic #2 can run offense when he's on the bench. I'm jealous. Strus/Vincent/and Martin disappearing. I'm fine. (no i don't care about the shot tracking data when a dude outplays an ALL NBA player)

one win away for Jokic. I'm really happy for him. if they didn't tank that last month, the skeptism entering the playoffs for this team wouldn't of existed. It's a really fun team.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:33 AM   #243
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The biggest white flag from tonight game is Miami didn't play zone one time. Spo got the message from last game. It's not going to stop Denver from getting cutters into the paint and giving up quality shots. I usually say that's the white flag when a team starts playing zone because they have no answer. But in this case it's reverse. Heat won't be playing any zones for the rest of the series. They really don't have any answer for Murray and Jokic.

In flow with what we were talking about earlier. MPJ and KCP will be lit next game.

Also Thomas Bryant is trending on Twitter LMFAO
Man-to-man defense is gonna be a failure as you saw last night. Bruce Brown was driving passed Duncan Robinson like he wasn't even there.

They just attack them with pick-and-roll until Miami has to start switching, which in turn will lead to advantageous matchups against Robinson or Love.

In other words, Miami is in deep ****.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-10-2023, 10:17 AM   #244
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Man-to-man defense is gonna be a failure as you saw last night. Bruce Brown was driving passed Duncan Robinson like he wasn't even there.

They just attack them with pick-and-roll until Miami has to start switching, which in turn will lead to advantageous matchups against Robinson or Love.

In other words, Miami is in deep ****.

That mismatch up list is longer. Gabe can't switch on to literally anyone (he's been in foul trouble the last 2 games). Caleb and Max (0-4) can't switch on to Gordon for too long. Love isn't going to play 40 minutes.

The one person who hasn't played and I'm kind of surprised he's not playing is Highsmith. My only change at this point. Might be Lowry to the starting line up. Like they mentioned last night. Lowry seems to change the pace of the Heats offense. But Lowry is playing hurt and he's too small in a switching style defense. Denver will hunt him out of the game just like Duncan Robinson.

Monday has to be close out game for KCP (he was in a nice rhythm last night) and MPJ (he missed a bunch at the rim last night). They have missed waaaay too much .
Old 06-10-2023, 10:25 AM   #245
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
That mismatch up list is longer. Gabe can't switch on to literally anyone (he's been in foul trouble the last 2 games). Caleb and Max (0-4) can't switch on to Gordon for too long. Love isn't going to play 40 minutes.

The one person who hasn't played and I'm kind of surprised he's not playing is Highsmith. My only change at this point. Might be Lowry to the starting line up. Like they mentioned last night. Lowry seems to change the pace of the Heats offense. But Lowry is playing hurt and he's too small in a switching style defense. Denver will hunt him out of the game just like Duncan Robinson.

Monday has to be close out game for KCP (he was in a nice rhythm last night) and MPJ (he missed a bunch at the rim last night). They have missed waaaay too much .
Highsmith likely doesn't play cause Denver would just ignore him on the offensive end. Having a two-way, 3-and-D guard/wing would be huge for Miami, right now.

Or even having Herro back and playing less of any of the 4 role players.

Seems like some of their "regular season problems" are starting to resurface. Or are they becoming apparent once again?

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2023, 10:46 AM   #246
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I don’t think it’s any of those tbh.

Actually think they’re executing pretty good, it’s just that their margin of error is huuuuge in this particular matchup, which it speaks to the talent differential with these two.

Miami sticking true to their system has got them this far but when you have to play TOO perfect and have zero wiggle room, it ends up like this.
Old 06-10-2023, 12:23 PM   #247

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Miami was gonna have problems with any team that came out of the West. Maybe not quite to this degree, but I don't think they were beating any of the teams in the West final 4.
Old 06-10-2023, 03:53 PM   #248
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Miami needs to hit 15+ 3s at close to a 50% rate to even have a chance to win a game.

They won game 2 with 17 3s at 49% and won by 3 lol

They need to score close to 110 points…

Good luck with that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »