Home

Is Josh Smith Overrated

This is a discussion on Is Josh Smith Overrated within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Josh Smith Overrated

he's so overrated to me. Why do some analyst try to convince to me that he's the "go-to guy" for Atlanta. Personally, i think Horford is your "go-to guy." i've seen the guy play. Terrible shot selections. I like when my power forwards can shoot in high 40s but this guy is shooting in the mid 40s. Sure Kevin Love and Dirk Nowitzki shoot in the mid 40s, but they have a reason to. They don't have the athleticism that Josh Smith has. He does not take advantage of his talent at all. Instead, he just chucks up jumpers.

Feel free to name more players you feel are overrated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Is Josh Smith Overrated

Josh Smith-Underrated....end of convo
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

Underrated... Should have ben a All Star yrs ago. Smh
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

Josh Smith has become the "go to guy" because he kept the playoff chances alive for the hawks last season, with Horford out nearly the entire year, sure he has been known to make poor shot selections, analysts watch this closely, he has matured over the past year and his shot selections has reflected this maturity, he still has more room to improve, but with Joe gone, he will be the go to guy for the Hawks this year, the upcoming Hawks season rests on his success or failure(and his decision to stay or not, which I believe Ferry will keep him in ATL.) If continues his improvement into this season, he will be an all star(should have been last year.) and the Hawks will live up to some of the surprisingly good projections I have seen, I've seen some media project the Hawks as high as the 2nd seed.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Banned

lol 2nd seed? that cant be serious they're more likely to miss playoffs then get the 2nd seed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
On the road again

Blue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Answer_I3
lol 2nd seed? that cant be serious they're more likely to miss playoffs then get the 2nd seed.
Yeah I've seen 2nd seed, I don't think the hawks will get that high, I'm thinking 4th or 5th. Ill look for a source can't remember where I saw the 2nd seed prediction.

Edit: Found it
ESPN the Magazine
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...-espn-magazine
Quote:
2. Atlanta Hawks | Southeast: 2nd

Conventional Wisdom Sure, by trading six-time All-Star Joe Johnson, new GM Danny Ferry tidied up the cap and readied the Hawks for a down-the-road free agent spree. Short term, though, the team has taken a big step back.

Actual wisdom Salary dump? What salary dump? Atlanta inked a cheaper high-scoring playmaker in Lou Williams. He and Jeff Teague will stay busy finding new hires Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow on the perimeter and Smith and a fully healed Al Horford (career 18.1 PER) in transition. All of those producers mean more points for the Hawks than their opponents -- and what some folks might consider a surprisingly high seed in the postseason. -- John Hollinger

Basketball Prospectus predictions
Projected record: 50.5-31.5
If Horford plays 82 games: 52-30 (2-seed)
If Horford plays 11 games: 43-39 (8-seed)

Last edited by Blue; 10-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki shoot in the mid 40s
Wait, what? Last year was an aberration due to the shortened season (and not being nearly ready for the season as usual); he typically shoots high 40s - low 50s.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#all_per_game

EDIT:

Quote:
Hawks a #2 seed, Nuggets a #1 seed, and T-Wolves a #3 (!!!) seed? Those predictions are dubious at best.

Last edited by z4ckdabeast; 10-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
On the road again

Blue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
Wait, what? Last year was an aberration due to the shortened season (and not being nearly ready for the season as usual); he typically shoots high 40s - low 50s.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#all_per_game

EDIT:

Hawks a #2 seed, Nuggets a #1 seed, and T-Wolves a #3 (!!!) seed? Those predictions are dubious at best.
There based of stats from some organization, doesn't counter in a lot of factors, but still I've seen a lot of people say the Hawks won't even make the playoffs, I don't believe that unless Horford or smith went down with a serious injury, but even last year we lost one and still over achieved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »