Home

NBA Off Topic Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #457
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Off Topic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

You've essentially given us the "well Ray Ray calls Bobby the n-word all the time, I was just saying what he said" version of events here OJ.

How is that even remotely comparable?

So Shannon would just sit back and laugh if Skip did that too then?

Last edited by ojandpizza; 06-21-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:15 PM   #458
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Off Topic Thread

https://twitter.com/iamladyharmony/s...woCaNvzdbTK-Ug

Meh. I think there’s way more things to be concerned about than this. I didn’t find it offensive. Not even remotely.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:34 PM   #459
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Off Topic Thread

Don’t get me wrong I’m not advocating any white person should just walk around around saying “little light skin” randomly in normal conversations to describe somebody they don’t like lol. But every site had clipped just Skip’s portion of this to make it look worse. Shannon is talking before him, references Steph as that, and Skip makes the joke basically saying so light he disappeared talking about his basketball play. He even seemed to intentionally leave off the “kid” and still caught the slander.

The clipped version just makes it look like Skip is hating on Steph like he does everyone else he hates on and to hammer a point calls him that. Like a “I don’t like Steph so I’m calling him this”.. That’s not at all what this was.

For context if you watch the whole 3-4 minute clip or however long it is on YouTube and read the comments on that nobody says anything about it. Watch these isolated 20 seconds and of course people are going to take that a bit differently.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:25 PM   #460
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
How is that even remotely comparable?

So Shannon would just sit back and laugh if Skip did that too then?
It's remotely comparable because you think Shannon being a black dude that said something racially insensitive makes it okay for Skip to repeat what he said.

As for Shannon's reaction. There's plenty of black people that will find no issue with what was said, there are also plenty who are friends with people of different races that don't have a problem with them dropping N-bombs in their presence. That doesn't make it okay for that person to go on national tv or out in public dropping N-bombs because the one black guy they're with is okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Don’t get me wrong I’m not advocating any white person should just walk around around saying “little light skin” randomly in normal conversations to describe somebody they don’t like lol. But every site had clipped just Skip’s portion of this to make it look worse. Shannon is talking before him, references Steph as that, and Skip makes the joke basically saying so light he disappeared talking about his basketball play. He even seemed to intentionally leave off the “kid” and still caught the slander.

The clipped version just makes it look like Skip is hating on Steph like he does everyone else he hates on and to hammer a point calls him that. Like a “I don’t like Steph so I’m calling him this”.. That’s not at all what this was.

For context if you watch the whole 3-4 minute clip or however long it is on YouTube and read the comments on that nobody says anything about it. Watch these isolated 20 seconds and of course people are going to take that a bit differently.
I feel like you've probably explained this before and I'm just blanking right now, but you seem very sheltered to these kind of discussions so it's probably best you do more listening than talking on it if you don't really grasp what's wrong in situations like these.

You don't have to be racist or even intending to be malicious to say something out of pocket or racially insensitive. There's no context needed, there's no clipped video here. Skin tones is something and shades too light or too dark is something that too many black people have to deal with as it is and as someone that has dealt with enough black people on top of being in the media business as long as Skip has, he should know better than to even attempt to make a joke out of topic like that because of the response that it would illicit. This is like Imus trying to be funny calling the Rutgers women's basketball players some nappy headed hoes. Whether he was trying to be racist or had malicious intent or not he should not be dropping that line.

There's more that I can get into about all of it, but I just don't have it in me to go further down this hole.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #461

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I have heard more light skinned jokes and slander on this forum than pretty much anywhere else lol. And no one said a word. Are we seriously going to be super serious about this now? This is a non story that is getting zero attention deservedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2022, 07:11 PM   #462
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I have heard more light skinned jokes and slander on this forum than pretty much anywhere else lol. And no one said a word. Are we seriously going to be super serious about this now? This is a non story that is getting zero attention deservedly.
That’s been me, 24 and King making them jokes on here but WE can do that, lol.

That being said, I thought that whole thing was a non issue and found it to be more corny than funny or even offensive. The jokes just don’t hit the same like they used to because everyone makes them now as we can see.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:27 PM   #463

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Vince Carters house was broken in to while his wife and kids were home.

Luckily nothing happened to them, and the buglar only ended up stealing money.

I wonder/hope they do have security footage. Whenever you hear stories of peoples houses being broken in to, especially athletes/celebs, you should hope they do have top of the line security surveillance around their house.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #464
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not even a Jazz fan but just as a fan of design, this was the article we needed.

I'm not sure I've seen a rebrand botched quite the way the Jazz did here. Their rebrand reveal video was one of the most bizarre I've seen and absolutely the most confusing.

You've got a new scheme and new jerseys, yet the focus of your reveal is a return to an old jersey with the hashtag #purpleisback while showing a '98 jersey that's already been retroed being presented as new while two other purple jerseys are revealed as coming in '23-24 (two purple jerseys the same year?)

Then, they come out insisting that the new black/white/highlighter jerseys totally have a deeper meaning.

An insanely tone def, unforced error by new ownership. I just... can't.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is karma for turning their backs on the Arches gradient unis.
So everything I've heard, is that Ryan Smith (the new owner) wanted a rebrand (makes sense), comes up with the yellow and black color scheme and jerseys and send it into Nike. Jerseys leak online, the fans clowned them, and then Smith and the Jazz tried to double back with Nike but it was too late, they were already in production.

That's where the two 2023-24 purple jerseys come in; the black and yellow is going to be an alternate after one season I imagine with the team moving to a full time purple and baby blue/teal color scheme

Just a mess of a rebrand lol. And I had no issues with the navy, gold and green jerseys, they were a little stale (particularly the gold jerseys) but it had been our identity for 10 years now. The Jazz CANNOT go more than 10 years with the same color scheme and jerseys, it's just impossible

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »